Any broadcast journalism students here?

maggsmaggs

I am going for broadcast journalism as well and Grand Valley State is my #2 choice. They have an extensive program for it and the faculty that I have met and talked to are just awesome people. They sent me a $40 book for free! Other programs I have researched that have wonderful Broadcast Journalism courses are St. Cloud State University (MN), Marquette University (WI), Akron University (OH), and University of Oklahoma.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
My top choices right now are Northwestern, Syracuse and Mizzou.

Northwestern I know about but it is quite expensive. I haven't done much research about Syracuse or Mizzou but they are definitely good colleges. My real top 3 are Akron, GVSU, and STCSU as of now but Im going to start getting in touch with other colleges soon. I never saw that last that LCR posted, very interesting.

QUOTE(Kogs35 @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 04:41 PM)
columbia in downtown chicago

I just graduated from Columbia. It's a good school, although I think it's too expensive considering the equipment they have. However, pretty much all of the teachers in the department have or are working in the field, from NBC to the Tribune, so you are with people who have ties and can give some good tips.

I can't say it is top of the line though ... I can't speak for other schools.

Went to U of I for broadcast. Good journalistically. Lacking, at least when I went there, on technology. Almost went to Michigan State. Most that I knew either went to Syracuse, Mizzou or Southern Illinois.

Anyway, once you get that first job out of college, it really doesn't matter all that much. Don't worry so much about where you go...just get internships in what you think you want ot do. That's so much more important...especially in journalism.