Brits say

LowerCaseRepublican

They say that her kidnapping was not all that heroic, in that she was not being held against her will and that for most of the time at the hospital she was UNGUARDED. It was all a huge propaganda show for the US War Machine.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/meast/05/19/...ynch/index.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3043115.stm

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/05/19/sprj.irq.....dod/index.html

Another quote I came across:

Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said, "I think that allegation is ridiculous, I don't know how else to respond. The idea that we would put a number of forces in danger unnecessarily to recover one of our POWs is just ridiculous."

Im sorry apu. Usually I can put up with your politics but this has really pissed me off. Jessica Lynch is a hero and so are all the people who saved her. She was taken prisoner and her friends were executed by Iraqi forces. Sometimes you make some sense, but this is senseless and disrespectful...

Im sorry apu. Usually I can put up with your politics but this has really pissed me off. Jessica Lynch is a hero and so are all the people who saved her. She was taken prisoner and her friends were executed by Iraqi forces. Sometimes you make some sense, but this is senseless and disrespectful...

So the fact that the Iraqis tried to return her and we shot her ambulance up was us being heroes? Let me in on that logic.

The fact is that it very well was a PR campaign to "legitimize" the war since they can't find WMD's. Hell, I know something must be up when even people with the Pentagon agree with me.

So the fact that the Iraqis tried to return her and we shot her ambulance up was us being heroes?  Let me in on that logic.

The fact is that it very well was a PR campaign to "legitimize" the war since they can't find WMD's.  Hell, I know something must be up when even people with the Pentagon agree with me.

We found mass graves. Its genocide. This war was legit, Saddam was a genocidal tyrant.

But oh, yeah, some taxpayers are too selfish to pay for the well being of others. This war was about them, not us. The people who were against this war are the people who just cant show some consideration.

That said, I hate Bush for being a little coward. He landed on that carrier the other day all dressed up in a flight suit (which is something that presidents arent supposed to do) and tried to look all cool. If he wanted to play soldier, he coulda gone to Nam, where his hero brothers and sisters went and some never came back.

Im going into the Marines, and if I ever get the chance to meet a president thats done anything like Bush has done, Im gonna turn my back. If he asks, Ill call him a coward. I cant stand Bush for his cowardice...

So the fact that the Iraqis tried to return her and we shot her ambulance up was us being heroes?  Let me in on that logic.

The fact is that it very well was a PR campaign to "legitimize" the war since they can't find WMD's.  Hell, I know something must be up when even people with the Pentagon agree with me.

We found mass graves. Its genocide. This war was legit, Saddam was a genocidal tyrant.

But oh, yeah, some taxpayers are too selfish to pay for the well being of others. This war was about them, not us. The people who were against this war are the people who just cant show some consideration.

That said, I hate Bush for being a little coward. He landed on that carrier the other day all dressed up in a flight suit (which is something that presidents arent supposed to do) and tried to look all cool. If he wanted to play soldier, he coulda gone to Nam, where his hero brothers and sisters went and some never came back.

Im going into the Marines, and if I ever get the chance to meet a president thats done anything like Bush has done, Im gonna turn my back. If he asks, Ill call him a coward. I cant stand Bush for his cowardice...

We found mass graves of Kurds that Saddam gassed...(Hint, in 1988 we SOLD Saddam the gas that he used to do that)

In 1991, we incited people to riot and then left them. That is the mass graves they found.

If we are going to get into the debate about the US being the beacon of wanting human rights for people, then why do we have over 100 million without HEALTH CARE or a HOME or FOOD? Why are we giving ZERO DOLLARS to Afghanistan in the new budget? Why are we giving millions to Colombia who kill their peasants? Why did we strafe Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, et al. [hundreds of countries that can be named] just because they tried land reform to help peasants? How about when we overthrew Arbenz in 1954? Allende in 1973? Those put in military dictatorships that killed more than Saddam could ever hope to shake a stick at. Or how about the CIA/US military in the Phillippines because they wouldn't bend over and be our colony and like it?

Roman, there was a thing that took place at the beginning of Vietnam called the Gulf of Tonkin. In this event, supposedly the North Vietnamese fired on US ships and this was the justification used to send 58,000 Americans off to die. Historians using de-classified documents have now found this piece of information out.... THE GULF OF TONKIN NEVER OCCURRED!!!!!!

58,000 Americans and 2-3 million Vietnamese died over an event that NEVER TOOK PLACE. So keep the holier than thou logic that the US is a beacon of human rights and wants to extol them all over the world.

The Bush regime has failed to find anything they set out to find in Iraq. But that's okay because Bush can never be wrong because he is a Republican. And remember, it's just not American to call Bush out on sending 150 Americans to their deaths over something that isn't there.

And by the way Roman, you'd never get a chance to meet Bush. His people screen the audiences so they get filled with all his supporters. He even went home from a speech at the EU because they would not guarantee him an audience that would be a bunch of yes men.

Im not saying if I got to meet Bush Id turn my back. Bush is a little whiner. But if I ever got to meet anyone like him, no doubt I would turn my back. And what really pisses me off is the whole flight suit thing. Men and women, honorable ones, have died for that uniform, IN THAT UNIFORM! And here comes Mr AWOL, all pretty and cool, when he could have worn the uniform with honor three decades ago. I heard this military saying once that basically said something like this: "Its not wearing the uniform that makes the man, its the right to wear it." Wearing a uniform dont mean jack squat, but being told you can wear this uniform with honor is in my mind the greatest honor a man can receive. Bush is a coward...

Please please I want you to walk up to Ms. Lynch and tell her that she was not being held "against her will". This goes f***ing unchallenged?? Maybe the stupidist most ignorant thing I ever read on a message board. She enjoyed those bullet wounds and broken bones. And if they did you know what to her well she had that coming too right? This goes unchallenged? And I've been nice to this guy. I'm almost as big a dope as he is. It must be really rough the guilt this poster carries with him for being alive, healthy and prosperous. She wasn't held "against her will." Beautiful. If anybody on the left wants to claim this type of person as their poster child well then I hope one day you all have to face what Jessica did. Remember it won't be against your will. :angry:

Yeah..... but it's the same bulls*** with this guy. Some of us are sick and goddamned tired of it.

I agree. But apu is entitled to his opinion just like the rest of us. I agree with about....... -10% if what he says. However I don't feel the need to be a stupid asshole about it (not talking about you specifically either Killa!! ;) )

Heres what I think. Apu realizes, with all the graves being found, that the war was just and he was wrong so now he lacks the balls to admit it and hes got to say stupid insulting crap like that. A lost cause, if I ever saw one...

Do you own a mirror you little twit? You are just about the best at hurling ignorant insults around here. Your idiotic 2 year old mentality is sickening. Why don't you grow some balls and learn how to speak like an adult and stop hiding behind the 5 or 6 4 letter words you rely so heavily upon to attempt to make a point..

Do you own a mirror you little twit? You are just about the best at hurling ignorant insults around here. Your idiotic 2 year old mentality is sickening. Why don't you grow some balls and learn how to speak like an adult and stop hiding behind the 5 or 6 4 letter words you rely so heavily upon to attempt to make a point..

Youve got problems, jerkwad...

And youre a jerk. You always whining. Just shut up already!

I'm always whining..? YOU'RE the one telling Apu to shut up. YOU are whining about him and his posts. YOU, YOU, YOU....

Maybe it's time for some new reading glasses and hearing aid batteries, eh? :huh:

Why don't you do us all a favor and toss that new computer of yours out the window. It sure was much more peaceful when you were MIA.

I'm always whining..? YOU'RE the one telling Apu to shut up. YOU are whining about him and his posts. YOU, YOU, YOU....

Maybe it's time for some new reading glasses and hearing aid batteries, eh?  :huh:

Why don't you do us all a favor and toss that new computer of yours out the window. It sure was much more peaceful when you were MIA.

Sorry, but I aint leaving. Im just saying that what you doub and apu have been saying recently is totally inconsiderate. Suicide is selfish, Lynchs rescue was dramatized for the American war machine and Bush allowed 9/11 and doub said that Aron Ralston (the guy who sawed off his arm) was stupid for going hiking alone. Show some consideration. Jeez, I bet if someone told apu that Bush allowed 9/11, that person would kill him. And Id cheer him on too...

Sorry, but I aint leaving. Im just saying that what you doub and apu have been saying recently is totally inconsiderate. Suicide is selfish, Lynchs rescue was dramatized for the American war machine and Bush allowed 9/11 and doub said that Aron Ralston (the guy who sawed off his arm) was stupid for going hiking alone. Show some consideration. Jeez, I bet if someone told apu that Bush allowed 9/11, that person would kill him. And Id cheer him on too...

Roman.. You make no sense in your posts. You're inconsistant. You're stance on things changes like the wind. Your points and comparisons are juvinile, at best. You are ignorant and inconsiderate to others OPINIONS. You have no credibility here to several. Maybe if you didn't "act" like such a punk your comments would be better received. Maybe YOU should show some consideration, eh? Take a look back at the threads.. they were all being discussed civily until YOU got involved.

Oh.. you're an idiot for saying you'd cheer someone to kill another person.

When apu comes and says Bush allowed 9/11, Im not gonna be nice. When someone says suicide is selfish, Im not gonna be nice. Actually I was nice on this thread until I realized how stupid apus statement was. And I was nice on the suicide thread until you called it selfish. Im gonna speak my mind if I think youre wrong and being rude.

When apu comes and says Bush allowed 9/11, Im not gonna be nice. When someone says suicide is selfish, Im not gonna be nice. Actually I was nice on this thread until I realized how stupid apus statement was. And I was nice on the suicide thread until you called it selfish. Im gonna speak my mind if I think youre wrong and being rude.

Oh you are some piece of work. No wonder you were going apes*** without a computer. You don't have a life!

And I don't care what you think of my comments and opinions. But when you attack me, you better look for a response. Call me names and tell LIES and I'll call you on each and every one of them - which isn't too hard anyway.

Maybe if you disagree with something, do it without calling people names. Grow up a bit.