Heads Attendance Update

Heads22

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 03:12 PM)
Actually, to be accurate, you need to average 37,038 per game for a season to nose ahead of the 3 million mark for an 81 game home schedule, not 37,911. Going into tonight, we have an average of 35,125 through 39 games, so we need to get the average up 1913 more per game in the last 42 home games to get over 3 million. It's possible I think, but would be very hard to do.

Dont forget though that the cold weather is behind us and we have what's shaping up to be an awesome race between us and the Tigers so I think it's entirely possible.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
Dont forget though that the cold weather is behind us and we have what's shaping up to be an awesome race between us and the Tigers so I think it's entirely possible.

It'll be close. The average will go up IMO by the time the season ends, and if we played in a bigger park, we'd definitely pass 3 million IMO. However, due to the fact we can't fit more than 39,500 into the park for any regular season games, I think 3 million will be very difficult. I'd guess we end up average somewhere in the 36,000 plus a few hundred in change range per game, for somewhere in the 2.8 to 2.95 million tickets sold season total and a record for sellouts in a year. Still not bad though of course. According to the White Sox website, the attendance record is 2,934,154 set in 1991 (1st year at the new digs), another number we could break, but it would be hard to get to. Of course, if we make the playoffs and include that, we'll head right past 3 million.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 25, 2006 -> 03:12 PM)
Actually, to be accurate, you need to average 37,038 per game for a season to nose ahead of the 3 million mark for an 81 game home schedule, not 37,911. Going into tonight, we have an average of 35,125 through 39 games, so we need to get the average up 1913 more per game in the last 42 home games to get over 3 million. It's possible I think, but would be very hard to do.

Meant Sox need to average 37,911 the remaining 43 games at the Cell to hit 3 million.