GreatFalls.jpg

SP: Phippen (0-1, 4.82)

Box Score

Bristol White Sox W 9-3

BristolWhiteSox2.GIF

SP: Bollinger (1-0, 6.00)

Box Score

Edited by LayelBurton

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 06:35 PM)

Thanks, I'm on my iPhone and can't scroll down to edit.

It was a barn burner in Great Falls today, unfortunatly that describes the temperature and not the game. The Voyagers mustered just four hits and no runs on a beautiful 92 degree day. They didn't even get a runner to second base. Offensively there wasn't anybody worth mentioning. Sam Phippen pitched good in 5 innings striking out 6. The fifth inning he gave up a broken bat single and a walk that was followed up by a passed ball that put runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs. An infield grounder to short next, that would have been a double play without the passed ball, and a drippler up third base line brought in the two runs Phippen gave up that inning. Take away that passed ball and I don't think Phippen gives up any runs that inning. Helena just got the breaks (broken bat pun intended) that inning. Rubber match tomorrow for the 4th.

QUOTE (gfbaseball @ Jul 3, 2011 -> 09:56 PM)
It was a barn burner in Great Falls today, unfortunatly that describes the temperature and not the game. The Voyagers mustered just four hits and no runs on a beautiful 92 degree day. They didn't even get a runner to second base. Offensively there wasn't anybody worth mentioning. Sam Phippen pitched good in 5 innings striking out 6. The fifth inning he gave up a broken bat single and a walk that was followed up by a passed ball that put runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs. An infield grounder to short next, that would have been a double play without the passed ball, and a drippler up third base line brought in the two runs Phippen gave up that inning. Take away that passed ball and I don't think Phippen gives up any runs that inning. Helena just got the breaks (broken bat pun intended) that inning. Rubber match tomorrow for the 4th.

I wish it was only 92 here.