FutureSox Needs You

NorthSideSox72

For those unaware, within the Future Sox forum on the board (which is where we have all manner of discussion about prospects and minor leaguers, including game day threads during the season), there is a subforum called "Adopt a Prospect". The idea is, you pick a prospect (or two or three) you like, create a thread, and add information as time goes on. Updates on their performance, promotions, background, scouting info, etc. In this way, we have a nice forum full of detailed write-ups about some of the top prospects in the Sox system.

We recently cleaned up the forum a bit, got rid of some now-gone players, updated the list of who is available, etc. And since in the next few weeks, players will be assigned to their teams, this next month or so is a great time to pick out a prospect you like and start a thread. Or to update the one(s) you already have.

The AAP forum is here. In that forum there are two pinned threads. One is a LIST, showing which prospects are already taken, as well as a list of ones still available for adopting. The other is a general discussion thread for AAP, where you can post your claim to a player, so that we all know who you are taking.

Are you disappointed with how the big league club looks? Want to focus on the future? Then this is your forum! Stop by, read a little, and join the party.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 03:55 PM)
And thus begins a horrifying trend of posters being attached to fringey minor league players.

My lone AAP was Bobby Jenks and I'm not sure if I want to break my hot streak

Just try to gauge who may a be a future criminal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
QUOTE (OilCan @ May 30, 2012 -> 10:17 PM)
Just a few players left before the 2012 draft. GET EM WHILE THEY LAST!!!

Still a couple guys from the Top 25 at the beginning of the season that are available, and a few others who will likely be on the next one.

Also, after the amateur draft, there will be lots of new blood to choose from.

A new FS Top 25 will come out sometime after the draft, probably close to the signing deadline.