Band Of Brothers Thread

hammerhead johnson

That's just about all that I ever watch these days. Never mind that I've seen the series about 50 times. I thought that "Saving Private Ryan" was an outstanding movie when it came out, but this series just puts it to shame, across the board. All of the actors are cool, particularly Winters, Nixon (Livingston), Guarnere, George Lutz, Liebgott, Randallman, Martin, Babe Hefron, Skip Muck, Eugene Roe, Spiers, Picante, Mularkey, etc. I never thought that I'd say this, but after Band Of Brothers, I'm a big fan of Donnie Wahlberg. And David Schwimmer was perfect in the dickhead role.

My favorite episode would have to be either Part 1 or Part 7.

Probably the best mini series ever IMO. I keep watching it on the History channel when it's on. I watched the whole thing over again when they first put it on the History channel and they had it ever night. That was the best. I used to have all the episodes on my computer but then the hard drive went to crap and lost em.

Everytime I go to the store I paw the DVD set and think about buying it.  Haven't done it yet.

me too it's pretty pricey for a po' college boy, tho'... :ph34r:

don't have hbo so didn't see it originally but saw a couple episodes on the history channel when they played them a couple of weeks ago... :headbang

Anyone read the book? I read the book before the series came out, and they did do a terrific job. That being said, no movie/series compares to an actual book. Sobel shouldve been made into a bigger dick then Ross portrayed.

Awesome series none the less.

Everytime I go to the store I paw the DVD set and think about buying it.  Haven't done it yet.

I do the exact same thing. I'm hoping it will go on sale and then I'm definately going to pick it up.

Outstanding freaking series. Kind of cool thats its on the history channel now.

Anyone read the book?  I read the book before the series came out, and they did do a terrific job.  That being said, no movie/series compares to an actual book. Sobel shouldve been made into a bigger dick then Ross portrayed.

Awesome series none the less.

I just purchased the book this past weekend. I look forward to reading it. :headbang

Sobel was an even bigger dickhead than what was portrayed? I can't see how that is possible!