Router Question

maggsmaggs

I am looking to buy a new router for my one-bedroom, 800-square foot apartment. My current router sucks, and our 50 mbps internet barely cracks above 10 mbps on wireless. Can anyone recommend a good router for my situation? I don't need the router to do anything fancy except get me the best wireless speeds. Looking to stay ideally in the $150 range.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 11, 2016 -> 08:01 AM)
I am looking to buy a new router for my one-bedroom, 800-square foot apartment. My current router sucks, and our 50 mbps internet barely cracks above 10 mbps on wireless. Can anyone recommend a good router for my situation? I don't need the router to do anything fancy except get me the best wireless speeds. Looking to stay ideally in the $150 range.

So you have a router separate from your modem? If so, ditch it. To much speed lost. I went with a Motorola modem with built in router, because it's compatible with Comcast.

Used to have a nexgear router years ago and hated it. Always had to reboot and no range.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 12, 2016 -> 06:14 AM)
So you have a router separate from your modem? If so, ditch it. To much speed lost. I went with a Motorola modem with built in router, because it's compatible with Comcast.

Used to have a nexgear router years ago and hated it. Always had to reboot and no range.

Yea, separate. I will look into the dual technology. Thanks!