Foulke cannot close big games

Bmr31

Billy Koch and Keith Foulke were both misused by the A's.  They consider closers disposable.  In both cases, they used them so much, that they couldn't get through the playoffs.

Could be the problem right there. The A's burn their people out. I never did understand the idea or fascination with just one guy as a closer. I would want two or three guys who could close out games. That way you could use them as the situation/batter demanded and keep them fresh. In the old days before players seemed to think they ran the team, it wasn't uncommon to have more than one guy you could go to to close out games.

I still like Keith Foulke, but Foulke has to have his sharp control going and that fastball working to make his devestating change up that much more effective. The thing about it too, is that Keith Foulke is in the playoffs and Koch isn't. That says something about being effective.

And you blame Billy Koch...hmm...

If you read on, he then later said "I'd still rather have Foulke then Koch."

In general, Foulke can't get it done in pressure situations, Koch can't get it done AT ALL(a f***ing 3-run homer given up to Carl Crawford when up by 2? What the f*** is that? I would rather have Matt Karchner in then this f***ing guy)