Food Thread

ron883

All things food. Our team plays in a world class city with world class food. Let's discuss. Talk about what you had recently, your favorite joints, the best pizza, etc. From the city to the suburbs. All is fair game. 

I ate at Chilam Balam in Lakeview a few times recently, and I've been extremely satisfied with the food. It is small plate/tapa style, high end Mexican food. I honestly liked the food more than Cafe Babareeba  and Girl & the Goat, which are other similar styled restaurants. The seating and room are pretty poor there, but the food is spot on. 

I'm a pizza connoisseur. Paninos in Lakeview has incredible deep dish and thin crust. Easily one of the most underrated and best in the city IMO. Used to frequent it by the slice when I lived up there. Had it again recently and it didn't disappoint. Also have been getting Lou's thin crust with sausage and hot giardiniera often. Say what you want about it being a chain, the pizza is outstanding. 

4 hours ago, ron883 said:

All things food. Our team plays in a world class city with world class food. Let's discuss. Talk about what you had recently, your favorite joints, the best pizza, etc. From the city to the suburbs. All is fair game. 

I ate at Chilam Balam in Lakeview a few times recently, and I've been extremely satisfied with the food. It is small plate/tapa style, high end Mexican food. I honestly liked the food more than Cafe Babareeba  and Girl & the Goat, which are other similar styled restaurants. The seating and room are pretty poor there, but the food is spot on. 

I'm a pizza connoisseur. Paninos in Lakeview has incredible deep dish and thin crust. Easily one of the most underrated and best in the city IMO. Used to frequent it by the slice when I lived up there. Had it again recently and it didn't disappoint. Also have been getting Lou's thin crust with sausage and hot giardiniera often. Say what you want about it being a chain, the pizza is outstanding. 

Lou’s is the GOAT.  Living in Nashville in fucking pizza hell.  We legit have to get Pizza Hut on the weekends because we live in the burbs...

Western burb pizza joints: Salerno's on the Fox, Riverside Pizza & Pub. Definitely two of the finest pizza joints you can find in the far west burbs that I am aware of.

Don't get to the city as much as I'd like for food, but I've had awesome pizzas at Pequods and Piece. Been to Burts Place, too. 

Other random food: Heaven On Seven has some really good food. I was sad when their Naperville location closed. 

Also Popeye's chicken sandwich destroys Chick Fil A's and its not even close. 

I'll probably be making a list of must-go to places for city food based on the commentary in this thread. 

• Like 1