the concept of "bases"

harkness99

I was arguing with my dad about this last year - and this injury to Robert made me think about it again - eventhough its not directly the cause.  The concept of "bases" needs to be changed and adjusted - I know major league baseball is already increasing the size of bases, but i feel like with faster and bigger players you are going to see more injuries from running to 1st base. 

Running full speed at a 3 dimensional object that is portruding from the ground.. yeah its not very high and soft.. but still.  Think about that in basketball or football and how if there was a piece of turf portruding or something on the court, its highly dangerous, Yet in baseball its a purposeful part of the game. 

Maybe im crazy but seems like something that could be fixed somewhat easily.

5 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I don't disagree, but just to be clear, Robert was injured a couple steps before he got to the base.

yeah.. it just made me think of it... his hip was gone before he reached the base.

But then you see him on one leg hoping into the base... he could have blew his knee out on top of it.

Edited by harkness99