Today's Game Thread

Chisoxfn

The game will be on WGN at 1:05 central time against the Boston Red Sox. Its the rubber game of the series.

Josh Hancock will go up against Danny Wright.

Hancock has pitched 2 major league innings and this will be his first major league start.

If anyone can update this for the start of the game I'd appreciate it, cause I'll be in class.

Thanks

Just turned it on. Big Frank just hit a bullet into left field to score Jiminez. 1-0 Sox. (White) Maggs just flied out. Liefer did same. 1-0 CWS after 1. Hawk remarked that the young WS "resurrected the team from the dead" this last month. Don't know how long I can stay here but I'll try to hold the fort a while.

Crede hits rocket to Clark at 1b, 1 out. Hawk says WGN to carry same amount of games next year. Rowand single to right. Borchard k'd on high heat. Josh Paul the same. Wright and Hancock both look sharp so far. After 2 1-0 WS. Hawk stated "these young kids saved the season for me."

Mirabelli coaxes a walk. Wright is having a little trouble locating right now. No big inning please. Sanchez base hit to left. Two on and no out. Borchard looked fooled on fly to left, makes good recovery, makes catch in foul territory. One out. That was Nixon who fouled out. Merloni flies out. Third battet out 6-4. This running back and forth from room to room is hilarious. At the end of the top of the third it's still 1-0 WS.