thomas question

soxfan420

Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Or maybe they want Lee to be the fulltime DH? :(

I doubt it..... C Lee at full-time DH that is. I think Frank will be back next year. Not many teams that can afford a Thomas are looking for a full-time DH and the NL certainly has no use for him..... means he'll have to play the field. Just a gut feeling I have. They'll invoke the clause but he'll have no other choice but to play for the Sox.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i dont see it happening.... frank will be here for the duration.. noone will take on his kind of money and jr wont pay him for sitting around on his ass at home......

Text

I think they will invoke it. But here is my question. Does Frank has other options? I know he wants to be back with the sox. But can he choose to re-construct his contract and get paid with a reasonable amount. Then,with him doing this, we can use the money to sign a good pitcher. If this is possible, I hope the Big Hurt does this and prove he is part of the team.

Guest hotsoxchick1

CHICAGO -- Frank Thomas refused to accept what amounted to a lifetime achievement standing ovation from the final Comiskey Park crowd of the 2002 season.

"You guys (the media) planted it in their minds," Thomas said.

That cynical reaction came about after Thomas completed what may have been the final home game in his 12-year career with the White Sox.

Thomas knows that Sox fans have been reading for months how team officials may decide to invoke a diminishing skills clause in his contract.

If so, Thomas would be paid $250,000 for the next four seasons while the remaining portion of his contract -- nearly $10 million per season -- would be deferred until 2009.

does that answer part of your question.. either way he makes money .. you know jr will have him work for it and not sit on his ass doing nothing.....