ESPN-Would it kill them to talk about the Sox

CSF

And I sure as hell don't mean the Red Sox. There are other MLB teams besides the Yankees & Red Sox. Even on ESPN.com on the White Sox home page, they still have as their lead story, the proposed trade of Mags for Griffey Jr. Nothing as of late, not even Buerhle's rejected deal. ESPN is very biased towards the White Sox, & the city of Chicago in general. Thank goodness for sports talk radio and local coverage.

Not defending ESPN..... but..... besides the recent MB news, have the White Sox (or sCrUBS for that matter) done anything to warrant changing the White Sox ESPN homepage since that Maggs/Griffey rumor was substantiated by KW? You can't report on what this team isn't doing..... and that's signing players to improve a .500 team.

Not defending ESPN..... but..... besides the recent MB news, have the White Sox (or sCrUBS for that matter) done anything to warrant changing the White Sox ESPN homepage since that Maggs/Griffey rumor was substantiated by KW? You can't report on what this team isn't doing..... and that's signing players to improve a .500 team.

In regards to news, you're probably right. More than anything, it disgusts me to watch ESPN or read ESPN.com regarding their MLB coverage. The way it seems, when they report on MLB, it's usually the same damn teams (Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, Braves, Dodgers, Phillies, Cubs), & I wish they would throw the White Sox a bone every now and then. It's biased coverage, IMO.

In regards to news, you're probably right. More than anything, it disgusts me to watch ESPN or read ESPN.com regarding their MLB coverage. The way it seems, when they report on MLB, it's usually the same damn teams (Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, Braves, Dodgers, Phillies, Cubs), & I wish they would throw the White Sox a bone every now and then. It's biased coverage, IMO.

it seems everybody is giving the bone to kw.......... ooops sorry wrong topic. :headbang

You're right.  The only time they covered the  Sox was when Mike Cameron hit 4 homers off Parque Butter last spring.  Then they did it ad nauseum.

Well...in their defense what have the Sox done the past couple years to make them want to talk about the White Sox.

After all, we haven't exactly been winning the series or even making the playoffs every year or at least trying to.

Still, its pretty pathetic they still have the proposed Griffey for Maggs deal, thats like a month and a half old.

I can see where everyone can get mad at the fact that no one wants to cover the sox or in that matter just don't want to. Well let me ask you this.... WHAT HAVE THE SOX DONE TO DESERVE BEING TALKED OR WROTE ABOUT? ( at least in the national spotlight.) asside from the fact they made a good trade with Koch, they haven't done anything at all and I really don't think they plan on doing anything. now to the fact that the cubs get all the attention in the newspapers and televsion is a bunch of bull! Heck, I have even been noticing that the suntimes... which always favors the sox, have been putiing everything about the cubs and hardly anything about the sox in the paper. Just because they got a new manager doesn't mean that they are going to win. Thats ok because when it is all said and done, like usual we will have a better record and we will show who is a better team.