something i saw today

whitesoxjr27

i went to white hen this morning to get coffee. i was looking at there newsstand and came across a book called "out of the blue" about the cubs 2003 season. i almost  threw up. dont you guys think that book is a joke. lol  :fthecubs

To make it worse, I think it's actually a Tribune Company publication.

A book full of quotes, photos, and highlights of a team that CHOKED. A team that FAILED. A team that had the World Series in their hands, but pissed it away. I'm sure that book is already a bestseller. If the Tribune Co. told Cub fans that eating s*** would help their eyesight and hearing, they would be taking their dumps in a cereal bowl.

Only the Cubs. :fthecubs

There will probably be a number of books that come out about the Cubs 2003 season. One will most definitely be about the "Bartman Curse" and other cute, lovable little tomes about why the Cubs are cursed and should be loved by the world.

Saw a lot of Bartmans at school today for Halloween..

Saw a Bartman at the Double Door's annual Halloween concert, but he took an extra step of having a knife stabbed into his head. Decent touch to a lame and predictable "costume".

I almost thought about subscribing to Sports Illustrated just to get their Marlins championship DVD and book. I could watch games 6 and 7 of the NLCS EVERY DAY!!!

I could watch games 6 and 7 of the NLCS EVERY DAY!!!

I know. I wish I could have had the foresight to know that Game 6 was going to be a choke for the ages. I went from total dejection at the beginning of that 8th inning to complete elation 20-30 minutes afterwards. And when I was feeling down, I'd pop-in Game 7 to watch the pained, crying faces of the "diehards" as the Cubs went down in Game 7 without so much as a pulse completing the greatest Cubs Choke EVER!

Killa, I'm sure you can relate, but you have NO IDEA how happy that game made me.

I had to go to sleep in the 7th inning of that game, b/c I have to wake up every day at 4 for work. sCrUBS are leading 3-zip and I'm dreading the Cubbie Onslaught that awaits me at work ( 4 "diehard" sCrUB fans in my department, so DIEHARD that NONE of them even attended a game at the Urinal during the ENTIRE MAGICAL SEASON ). I listen to talk radio to fall asleep, usually sports talk, but during my Cubbie Media Blackout, I tuned into WLS.

( Side note: That Outer Space/ Conspiracy Theory show in the middle of the night is just plain creepy )

So as I'm drifting off to slumber, I hear the news break on the half-hour. They announce that the game was tied!!!!! I tune over to WGN and the CRYING was unbelievable! I listened to the rest of that EXCELLENT 8th inning and went to sleep knowing that the Marlins would win the NLCS, and that my co-workers would FINALLY have to SHUT THE f*** UP!!!!!!!

So once again, :headbang :headbang :headbang to the Marlins for saving me from YEARS of sCrUBBIE TORTURE!!!!!

I know. I wish I could have had the foresight to know that Game 6 was going to be a choke for the ages. I went from total dejection at the beginning of that 8th inning to complete elation 20-30 minutes afterwards. And when I was feeling down, I'd pop-in Game 7 to watch the pained, crying faces of the "diehards" as the Cubs went down in Game 7 without so much as a pulse completing the greatest Cubs Choke EVER!

I could watch that Game 6 8th inning over and over again. It is a thing if beauty.