Why doesn't Charlotte come to Indianapolis?

vilehoopster

I understand the save on money thing and save on travel and all that. But Charlotte used to come to Indy. I remember going to a Knights game in Indy to watch Cease pitch, and there were a whole lot of Sox fans from the Region and Chicago to see him. Cease was scratched from starting, but that's not important; what's important is that we had a pretty good group behind the Charlotte dugout. 

I really think Sox management should (I know it's too late for this year already)  get Charlotte back to Indy for a series every year, regardless of the money. It can't cost any more than going to Syracuse. 

The good of having fans from Chicago and Northwest Indiana seeing Charlotte at Indy seems like such a obvious conclusion. I don't understand why it doesn't happen.  

Seriously, think about if it happened this year. With all those young pitchers that we fans want to see; and to see Quero and Ramos. And think about Colson being from southern Indiana. His town would probably bring 500 people just to see him. 

If this upcoming Charlotte team played in Indy, on a Friday night this coming August, it's entirely possible that the game would outdraw a Sox game on that same Friday night, considering that the Sox might very well be 30 games under .500. by then. I'm not exaggerating. I think it could and would happen. 

I just don't get why this doesn't happen every year; again, it seems so obvious. It just seems like another middle finger to the fans from Sox ownership. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

I understand the save on money thing and save on travel and all that. But Charlotte used to come to Indy. I remember going to a Knights game in Indy to watch Cease pitch, and there were a whole lot of Sox fans from the Region and Chicago to see him. Cease was scratched from starting, but that's not important; what's important is that we had a pretty good group behind the Charlotte dugout. 

I really think Sox management should (I know it's too late for this year already)  get Charlotte back to Indy for a series every year, regardless of the money. It can't cost any more than going to Syracuse. 

The good of having fans from Chicago and Northwest Indiana seeing Charlotte at Indy seems like such a obvious conclusion. I don't understand why it doesn't happen.  

Seriously, think about if it happened this year. With all those young pitchers that we fans want to see; and to see Quero and Ramos. And think about Colson being from southern Indiana. His town would probably bring 500 people just to see him. 

If this upcoming Charlotte team played in Indy, on a Friday night this coming August, it's entirely possible that the game would outdraw a Sox game on that same Friday night, considering that the Sox might very well be 30 games under .500. by then. I'm not exaggerating. I think it could and would happen. 

I just don't get why this doesn't happen every year; again, it seems so obvious. It just seems like another middle finger to the fans from Sox ownership. 

I would believe this if you said May/June, but by August, if everything goes according to plan, you probably see Montgomery in Chicago (and to an extent, Ramos).