BO justice

BrandoFan

It's not that Elf is anything super-special mind you (I liked Will Ferrel more than the movie itself), but it's more of a comment on the pretentious, over-hyped mess that is Matrix 2-3. Wachowski brothers simply ran out of the ideas/direction after the creepy and fun original one. Other than Monica Beluicci's magnificent cleaveage, what a f***ing bore!

Though it already was losing it, SNL tanked even more when he left

Gave up on SNL last year, after a horrible De Niro ep. After cheri O'terri left, only UCB alum Poehler and Ferrel held the show up. Rudolph is okay. When the writing isn't s***ty (rare moments), the execution is terrible; decent sketches run way longer than they should. It would help if Fallon and Horatio didn't crack up every time. Hammond's Debya is horrible, espcially compared to Ferrel's or Parnell's.

Senator McCain's ep was hilarious, tho.

Stangers with Candy and Daily Show are much better. Might have to start new threads.

I haven't gotten to see Elf nor the new Matrix yet, but I want to see both.  Will Ferrell owns though, he does make anything funny.  Though it already was losing it, SNL tanked even more when he left.  He actually makes you laugh out loud.

All I'm saying is....

"NEEDS MORE COWBELL!!!"

"I got a FEVER baby, and the only prescription is more COWBELL!!!"

Another hilarious part of the Don't Fear the Ripper sketch comes as Kris Kattan goes, "You're effin' it up for us, Gene!" and accidentally almost tears the shirt off Will Ferrel, at which point Jimmy Fallon goes into his giggle hysterics, and in the next few minutes both Walken and the normally super-focused Ferrel turn to JF sideways and begin bracking up all the while delivering their own gems of dialogue.

Comedy platinum that whole 7-minute thing is. Phil Hartman funny. Steven Colbert funny.