sox/expos/yanks deal?

toasty

This is all I have heard so far:

New York is still in discussions with Montreal about acquiring Bartolo Colon from the Expos, but Hernandez and/or Hitchcock probably would go to the Expos as part of a trade. The Yankees spent Tuesday exploring three-way trades with Montreal, with some proposals involving Florida and some the Chicago White Sox. While the talks were ongoing, nothing was close, and in some combinations New York would pass Colon on to the third team in the deal.

Well if we get Colon, why would we need the Yanks...oh wait, could it be for them to take on some sort of salary.

Yanks get there left fielder in Lee (I thought they'd be happy with Matsui, Mondesi/White, and Williams, but some say they need a leftfielder), Expos take on a bit of salary, Sox get Colon, and Yanks/Expos get some other guys?

I dunno...I'm tired and speculating :ph34r:

Guest hotsoxchick1

yeah im kinda sick of the speculation too.. but i can tell ya one thing the expos wont be taking on any un necessary salary.......the object of the day is to dump payroll not jack it back up ............

yeah im kinda sick of the speculation too.. but i can tell ya one thing the expos wont be taking on any un necessary salary.......the object of the day is to dump payroll not jack it back up ............

Well..if any team could take on Tatis's salary it would be the Yanks, but does George really want to add more salary.

In all honesty, I don't think the Yanks are involved, they are just throwing rumors out there to piss off the Red Sox and make sure he don't go there. George will drop out if its just the White Sox.

Guest hotsoxchick1

i wouldnt be so sure on that one jas... we all know how pissed king george was with the loss last year......im sure he will do everything in his power to make sure that doesnt happen again..........hes got the money thats for sure.........