Guillen and Uribe

Guest williestokes

Guest williestokes

Ive been completely out of it this offseason, and so now, Im sad to say this is the first Ive learned that Guillen is our manager and Uribe is even on the roster. Id like to know what you guys think of these acquisitions.

Guillen- I like this hiring. Guillen was a good player and he played aggressively too. This team cant live with just someone supervising, they need motivation. Jerry didnt motivate, not to mention he couldnt manage either. Guillen should be able to motivate these guys some, especially old teammates like Frank Thomas (come to think of it, hes the only old teammate :o ).

Uribe- What were they thinking? Miles was getting old for a prospect but Im sure he was better than this. C'mon, the guy hit .240 with 6 bombs in Coors Field in 2002. He did get it up to .253 and 10 in 2003, but still I think we could have done better. Although when I first saw this trade, I was excited. Unfortunately I had him confused for Juan Pierre... :(

Valentine stays. No one will take his $5MM contract.

I have seen Uribe a lot. The kid has tremendous potential. Everyone forgets that he made the majors straight from A ball. He was brought up too fast. He has tremendous ability and upside, and I really think that Ozzie is the right guy for him. And I was possibly the biggest Miles booster on the board.. Uribe has always started fast and hits the wall in June. I think he will beat out Jose in ST.

Guest williestokes

Am I the only one who is reminded of Mike Caruso by this new kid? Ill take your word because youve seen him Jim, but the fact that he was rushed and hit .300 in his rookie season before falling off a cliff reminds me a lot of Mike Caruso...

Uribe is the same type of player Ozzie Guillen was, a kid who can hit for average slapping the power, hit it in the gaps for doubles and triples and provide you with awesome defense. This move makes complete sense, Ozzie will have a great influence in his progress, remember he is only 24 years old.

Also, does anyone know if Uribes trade means no more Val or is there another position change in store? Im guessing Val is gone...

Until Valentin gets dealt...a possibility...Uribe is soley Graffanino's replacement and he has a whole lot more upside then Miles, plus the Sox had Harris as a backup at 2nd, but have no one that could of played shortstop other then Jose.