what about jeff suppan???

baggio202

since this might be a one shot deal with colon i think the sox should sign a free agent pitcher for that final spot..i think suppan , who has thrown 200 plus innings the past 4 season would be the last ingredient in locking up the division...suppan , imo , would move into the 3 spot moving garland and wright to 4 and 5...just think last week those guys were 2and 3....if we can drop them to 4 and 5 how much stronger has our staff become???

if made this move we would have a vetran led staff in the top 3 of colon , buehrle and suppan..this move would give us 3 starters that are perennial 30 starts / 200 IP pitchers...with both garland (192 ip) and wright (196) very close to joining that group...this is the same formula anaheim used to win the world series last year...they were the only team in the majors to have 5 pitchers with a legit history of 30 starts and 190 IP per season...adding suppan would do the same for us...

to compare this to minnesota last year...rick reed, who is now departed led their staff with 188 IP...kyle loshe is next with 180...radke , mays and milton all have thrown 30/200 before but were all injured last year..picking suppan would mean even if minnesota's 3 injured pitchers return to top form we would still have one more 30/190 pitcher...

imo, if kenny really wants to win this year , suppan is a must

you are 100% right, but I don't think they are going to invest in Suppan. I think he will be going after a more cheaper option.

personally, if the Sox were to get a #5, they need to get a Twin-killer. A guy like John Halama, someone who has dominated the Twins in past years, however I don't think he is available.

But I would get a Twin-killer and/or a southpaw who has had success against lefties.

get him then, and have him battle it out with Rauch in ST.

Halama isn't capable of putting in a full season in the rotation, but neither will Rauch. Sign him and give both of them 15-18 starts next year.

i cant believe nobody wants jeff suppan...this guy is a quality arm...everytime he pitched against us he made us look like little leaguers..atleast it seemed that way to me..

halama over suppan...suppan has pitched 200 plus innings each of the last 4 seasons..halama's high was 179 in '99 and he has dropped each of the past 3 seasons to a low of 101 last year..spending time on the DL the last 2 seasons..

i dont get it...somebody is gonna get a realnice surprise with suppan..who should have a break out year leaving that wasteland of KC

Guest hotsoxchick1

lol.. i wanted him before baggs and everyone laughed me out of here... i always have found memories of hating to see suppan on the mound against us cause he f***ed us up alot of times.........i think he would be a decient pickup and i would say go for it... he would be cheap enough to keep around for a few seasons..........

i cant believe nobody wants jeff suppan...this guy is a quality arm...everytime he pitched against us he made us look like little leaguers..atleast it seemed that way to me..

halama over suppan...suppan has pitched 200 plus innings each of the last 4 seasons..halama's high was 179 in '99 and he has dropped each of the past 3 seasons to a low of 101 last year..spending time on the DL the last 2 seasons..

i dont get it...somebody is gonna get a realnice surprise with suppan..who should have a break out year leaving that wasteland of KC

I'm not picking Halama over Suppan. Just saying it will likely come down to money. Suppan would be a real good pickup. I strongly believe Rauch will be a very sucessful five, but I like the idea of having 6 guys that can start. You can never have a problem with too much pitching.

to compare this to minnesota last year...rick reed, who is now departed led their staff with 188 IP...

Reed has departed? When and where did he go?

oh shoot...i was looking at the list of free agents and saw the name reed on it and thought it was rick....but it turned out to be steve reed...damn ..lol