Texas lowers amount of money needed

Cerbaho-WG

From 25 million to 15 million.

According to ESPN's Peter Gammons, the Rangers have backed down from their demands for $25 million from the Red Sox as part of the A-Rod deal. They're now asking for $15 million. This could clear the way the trade, as it's believed that the Red Sox and the MLBPA were about $12 million to $15 million apart on a deal with Rodriguez's contract. With the 5 p.m. ET deadline passing, the trade remains a possibility.

I think we'll find out tonight whether the trade will happen. The MLBPA still might get f***ed over if Bud Selig OK's the trade, which would send the deal to an arbitrator.

I don't think it can go to an arbitrator if A-Rod and the union are on the same side. Selig can't get involved if that's the case.

I think that the trade will get done, especially since the deadline came without the deal being terminated.

I just think both teams have gone to far now, and going back no longer is an option. At this point $10 mil to fix a 6-7 year problem is nothing.

SB

Exactly what I'm thinking, I'm almost positive it gets done.