86. Tavarez, Julian P FLA --- --- ---

87. Valentin, John 1B NYM --- --- ---

88. Vander Wal, John OF NYY --- --- ---

89. Velarde, Randy 2B OAK --- --- Retired

90. Villone, Ron P PIT --- --- ---

91. Wells, Bob P MIN --- --- ---

92. White, Rick P STL --- --- ---

93. Wright, Jamey P STL --- --- ---

Of these guys who should the White Sox sign? I just say Ivan Rodriguez because of our weakness at catcher. I think the White Sox need another pitcher, so, why not J.B? I think the clubhouse is most important. James' stats were a little off last year, but I believe with majority of the White Sox games this year within the divison, why not? Remember, #5's are going every 5 days. Who do you guys think they should pick up? :huh

Id kinda like D'amico and Jose Cruz. I dont really want to get Rodrigues because hes getting old and hes slipping a bit. I also dont think he will be signed because KWs already signed Alomar and I dont think hes gonna go get another one. I think Alomars better than Pudge anyway. We have a dynamite offense. Who gives a s*** if Alomar his .250 with 1 bomb and 10 RBIs. Its better than what MJ would have done but thats beside the point. Alomar plays great defense and hes cheap and hes a mentor. We just need him to mentor Olivo into being our catcher of the future. Alomars here for a year and then hes done, hell probably retire. But if he mentors Olivo hes done his duty.

And farewell to Tim Raines. I always liked him when he was here. I hope he enjoys his retirement...

There are four ways to get baggio to show up on the boards, it is a psychic thing with him. One, talk about Evans vs KW. Two, trash on Valentin. Third, trash on Durham.. Four, mention JB. Baggio should be here soon... :lol:

No way IMHO to signing JB. His high era even when he was on, which was never more than a half season at most, coupled with his stats from the past two years, coupled with, we need to go forward, not going for former players, is enough for me.

I never heard of a few people on your list! I am always impressed with those who keep their fingers that closely on the pulse of things, because I can't do it! I admit though I am a bit more of a a fan than I am an expert.

About 2-3 starting pitchers that will come veyr, very cheaply.

Jamey Wright, James Baldwin and Jeff Suppan....I suggest we sign 2 or all 3 to minor league deals.....if they all fail, so be it....atleast it means we have the best starting 5 we have. We can then cut them...and get them the hell out of here. It's that simple.

Guest hotsoxchick1

screw i rod..... we need to get some more pitching i feel... really now take a look... we have buehrle, colon and ?????? nothing proven.... scarry isnt it... i say we can get a suppan, jb, hell even helling would look good just about now.....lol... (ok im not that desperate yet).....but... i say use the extra cash on pitching, pitching, pitching........

If we get another SP, it better be a lefty. Kenny Rogers would be great. Hopefully he gets s*** for money and the Sox's can get him for about 3 mil. Very unlikely though.

i can live with what we have, but i would be happy if we get another pit. however we need a cf'er. i hope we can get a servicable cat, a tom lampkin is intriguing.

Rogers has been very good vs. the Twins. If we gave him 5 starts vs. them he could come out with 4 wins or so. Plus he's another 200+ IP kinda guy.

and what are we to do with rauch who might be ready. i have never been a roger fan. do you honestly think he is that good, what kind of a win lost record do you see him post.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well im up for any help to the pen we can land....putting all of our faith in glover, wunch et el is a scarry thought and scarrier by the day........

well im up for any help to the pen we can land....putting all of our faith in glover, wunch et el is a scarry thought and scarrier by the day........

if we have 3.5 million to spend...how about 2.5 to suppan and a million to steve reed???

cwsox...always the jokster :P ...jb would probably retire before he would accept an offer from KW...

He's always pitched well aginsts team in the central. So I could see him going 14-11, 4.00 ERA, 210 IP. 4-1 vs. the Twins.

Yeah right....he is not a strikeout kind of guy....he will get probably around 3-5 each game he starts....meaning atleast 30 balls will be hit around....how is that going to mix with our defense? :huh:

If we want to sign a lefty...let it be Chuck Finley. He strikes out a few more hitters a game and is still a decent pitcher...he wouldn't be an innings eater, but we could probably get him for $5 mill or so. I think he's probably going to LA though.

I still think we should sign Suppan, Baldwin and Wright....and then we know we have the best rotation we can put out there. And if we need bullpen help, we can keep the best of the 3, or use Munoz/Adkins/Diaz/someone else...maybe a Steve Reed as baggs suggested or maybe Mike Fetters...hell, I'd take Mike Jackson. He'd probably ask for $500,000 or so...I'd take that. And he would help us against the Twins...he knows their pitchers and knows what they throw, and he's a veteran who knows what the hell he's talking about. That'd be my move.