1. 1. Is it due to

• Socio-economic condition
    • Natural advantage
    • What 'dominance'?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Harry Carey make some hilarious remarks about Messicans during the broadcast as well?

Harry Caray's quote went something like,

"...those Latino players sure are good looking guys..."

A couple Bud Lights and a naked Enrique Iglesias -- it's every Cubs fan's dream.

It's funny that as soon as I commented on the poll results, 4 of the next 5 voted for #1.

(Reminds me of the Palestine-Israel poll pendulum, with people literally voting in groups: 5 for Israel, then 8 for Palestine, then next 4 for Israel and so on.....probably reflecting the debate that was going on.....people are such lemmings. Then again, it could also mean they are open-minded and change their opinions accordingly as they see the evidence in posts. Hmm).

And Crimsy is right (broken clock): people who say things like that are usually race-o-phobes and sometimes even actual racists.

Harry Caray's quote went something like,

"...those Latino players sure are good looking guys..."

A couple Bud Lights and a naked Enrique Iglesias -- it's every Cubs fan's dream.

Yeah sure....But didn't Harry say something about Mexicans and their leaping ability when the ball went over a SS's head?

:huh

You know what i just realized?

I've never "been" with a Black girl.

Vaguely remember making out once or twice, but that's about it.

Does that make me a racist? Good question.

Nah, you're not a racist, probably just underexposed. Most white guys haven't been with black girls and vice versa. The fact remains that black folk and white folk don't live in the same neighborhoods very often, especially if you are from Chicago or Detroit. The upcoming generations are having a broader range of cultural exposure than we did(although I'm speaking as an American, I can't of course speak for Mother Russia.), and that will undoubtably spill over into sexual experience.

Is this about me?

No Rafacosta, I don't think he knows you're a Black Brazilian.

For the record, I think as silly, awkward, doth-protesting and even insincere as the "but I know Black people" crowd may come off.....I still prefer them over the unpologetic KKK crowd.

Nah, you're not a racist, probably just underexposed.  Most white guys haven't been with black girls and vice versa.  The fact remains that black folk and white folk don't live in the same neighborhoods very often, especially if you are from Chicago or Detroit.  The upcoming generations are having a broader range of cultural exposure than we did(although I'm speaking as an American, I can't of course speak for Mother Russia.), and that will undoubtably spill over into sexual experience.

I don't think I am a racist either. But see now, that's the thing: I HAVE been "exposed" to all sorts of races and people and situations, especially in the last 3+ years. Friends, acquiatances, peers, what have you. One silly drunken make-out s*** and another joke that I remember shouldn't count because, well, considering my freaky nature and all the dares and pranks we play on each other, it was bound to happen if only by law of probability :bang

I must make a more concerted, conscious effort to "get to know" the sistas in the future. ;)

PS: Which is funny, too cuz I consider Halle and Thandie to be uber-hot. Hell, Miss Pam still looks fine at 55!

I find it hard to believe that there are no AA posting on SoxTalk.

Well I hope to be an AA one day. I would love it. My parents and everyone else would be so proud. That would be the coolest thing ever. I could get Simmons to post on here, he was an AA last season. :rolleyes:

Well I hope to be an AA one day. I would love it. My parents and everyone else would be so proud. That would be the coolest thing ever. I could get Simmons to post on here, he was an AA last season. :rolleyes:

Brando meant African American, not Alcoholics Anonymous.

Unless you really did mean African American. In that case, YOU'RE A RACIST. :lol:

No Rafacosta, I don't think he knows you're a Black Brazilian.

For the record, I think as silly, awkward, doth-protesting and even insincere as the "but I know Black people" crowd may come off.....I still prefer them over the unpologetic KKK crowd.

I´m not black. I have a uncle that he is black (he was adopted) and one of my best friends is black. I have dated black also. I dont think, i´m racist. Racism and prejudice are things that i hate in others.

I´m not black. I have a uncle that he is black (he was adopted) and one of my best friends is black. I have dated black also. I dont think, i´m racist. Racism and prejudice are things that i hate in others.

Me too, Rafa, me too.

One thing I love about soccer is its racial, national, ethnic DIVERSITY: Blacks, Whites, Latinos, Asians and everything in between....all had their moments in different tournaments.

Me too, Rafa, me too.

One thing I love about soccer is its racial, national, ethnic DIVERSITY:  Blacks, Whites, Latinos, Asians and everything in between....all had their moments in different tournaments.

Yeah i agree with you. Generally, people in here are not racist. Exist certain groups that have some prejudice towards poor people, but because of their race exist but not too much.

Yeah i agree with you. Generally, people in here are not racist. Exist certain groups that have some prejudice towards poor people, but because of their race exist but not too much.

I think it's imporant to differentiate racists from race-o-phobes from the anti-poor crowd. All three kinds are present in every culture and nation. I think.