Daubach, Loaiza, Heredia.

Bighurt52235

First off, welcome aboard.

Secondly, I got to disagree with you on Loiza. I don't see him making the roster unless he outpitches Rauch. Daubach will definately be a huge pickup. He's way better then Liefer and is going to make the Sox bench a whole lot better.

If the Sox decide to carry 12 pitchers, then I could see Loiza pitching in relief. Still, its goign to be nice having a guy like Loiza in AAA that can come up if Rauch struggles or if anyone gets injured. You'll bring a guy up whose got major league experience, something most teams can't do.

I am gonna back up what Chisoxfn had to say and agree that Daubach is a huge pickup for the bench but as far as Loaiza is concerned, I don't see him making the opening day roster. The Sox starters will be Buerhle, Colon, Wright, Garland, and Rauch to begin the year. And it also doesnt seem that Loaiza could crack the bullpen either considering that we picked up Gordon, White and have some prospects ie. Munoz and Sanders, waiting in the wings.

The one thing I'm going to hold out for is that the Sox acquire Carlos Beltran.  I loved Moochpuppies idea and I'm jumping on that bandwagon.

That would only cost us about 3 top prospects and cash....and then we'd get Beltran and some stupid ass prospect...and then we wouldn't be able to sign him long term, with his agent being Bora$$ and all....god I hate that motherf***er.

If we could get Beltran for practically nothing, I'd love it....problem is, we won't get him for practically nothing....unless we give them Lee, which I wouldn't be opposed to, and it wouldn't exactly add a ton of $$$ on to their payroll....Beltran should be looking for money in the $10 mill range after this year or so....he won't get $10 mill, but he could get $6-8 mill on the market today....so I think we could get that much to resign him. He would then take over the 2 spot in the lineup and Daubach would take LF.

If we could do it, I'd be happy....but I won't be disappointed if we don't. The Royals don't HAVE to cut payroll like the Expos did....so no team should really be getting stoked about getting Beltran unless they actually get him.

I think we would probably have to put Lee in there instead of Rowand. KC would be loosing alot of offence and they would probably want some back. Either way I can't see it happening but it is fun to speculate.

KC is getting rid of Beltran cause they can't pay him, so CLee is the last guy the want.

I like the idea of trading for Carlos Beltran. If we do trade for him, we better make sure he signs with us. He is a good left bat on the lineup and he has lots of potentials to put up huge numbers and be an every year all star.

Do you guys think KW is looking at this bcoz he will be another great pick up by KW, oh yeah there are good moves by KW especially COLON.

I think we would probably have to put Lee in there instead of Rowand. KC would be loosing alot of offence and they would probably want some back. Either way I can't see it happening but it is fun to speculate.

KC is getting rid of Beltran cause they can't pay him, so CLee is the last guy the want.

They did offer Beltran a three year deal for 25 million, CLee could be signed for less than that and besides kw would likely send some cash their way.

I like the idea of trading for Carlos Beltran. If we do trade for him, we better make sure he signs with us. He is a good left bat on the lineup and he has lots of potentials to put up huge numbers and be an every year all star.

Do you guys think KW is looking at this bcoz he will be another great pick up by KW, oh yeah there are good moves by KW especially COLON.

I can't see Williams going after him, but then again I couldn't see him doing all the things he's done so far this offseason. I don't think they can add anymore money though, so unless JR says its ok, I couldn't see them doing it.

I can't see KC trading Beltran to a team in their own division unless we make a seriously one sided offer. That is just shooting yourself in the foot. Also Beltran is going to be looking for a hefty contract and we are already looking at some arbitration for our rising stars in the next few years.

I can't see KC trading Beltran to a team in their own division unless we make a seriously one sided offer. That is just shooting yourself in the foot. Also Beltran is going to be looking for a hefty contract and we are already looking at some arbitration for our rising stars in the next few years.

I agree with you on both points. KC wouldn't trade within the division and we won't be able to sign Beltran. He's represented by Scott Boros and we have to take care of the talent we currently have.

I agree with you on both points. KC wouldn't trade within the division and we won't be able to sign Beltran. He's represented by Scott Boros and we have to take care of the talent we currently have.

I don't think we could sign him, but to me it would even be worth renting him for a year, then dealing him in the offseason. I think next year will be a better climate for trading, although I may be wrong.

Either way, I think that proposed offer is the best deal they could possibly get cause they want to unload them and have wanted to for the past year or two. Now that he's going to make more money they are even more desperate.

I'd give them Stewart, Hummel, Ginter, Rowand and another RHP relief prospect(Adkins, West, etc) for Beltran....but I seriously doubt it gets done....however, if we could get Beltran....we'd be unstoppable. I made the same argument(on the whitesox.com board) for Jose Cruz Jr....bat him 5th...our lineup is...

Jimenez

Valentin

Thomas

Maggs

Beltran(to break up the righties)

Konerko

Lee

Crede

Olivo

7 guys in that lineup can hit 25 homers....and I would guess that atleast 6 of them would hit 30 on protection in the lineup alone...and I could easily see Thomas, Maggs, Beltran, Konerko and Lee all hitting 40 homers....the only guys you can really pitch around are Crede and Olivo...as weak as Jose's bat is in the lineup, he does hit for decent power, especially since he's a SS.

I could easily see that lineup scoring well over 1000 runs....and we could have innings that last 1 1/2-2 hours long...if we had that lineup, not only do I think would we be favored to win the division(which isn't necessarily a good thing), but we'd be considered World Series contenders....the outfield shrinks with Beltran's range, he's got a good arm....our defense improves, our offense improves....and even if it is for just a year, we do have Borchard coming up from the minors...he doesn't have the range that Beltran does, but his arm is just as good...and Lee could and should be gone after next year, but who knows.

We will be a good team regardless this year....but this is one case where 1 piece is all it takes to take something that is great and turn it into unstoppable. However, I feel Colon was a huge(pun not intended :D) piece to the puzzle, and quite possibly the thing that pushes us over the top.

• 2 months later...