Carlos Beltran

Jim Fainter

Now, Beltran is a guy I would consider to be ready for the "break out season."  Probably one of the most overused terms in baseball media, but it fits here.  I think he would love Chicago, and he would look great next to Maggs.  Gotta be late night wishful thinking on my part.

I think that break-out season was last season.... I think he was along the lines of 30 100 275

Thats pretty Foulkin good.

If we could get him....... i'd consider dealing Rauch, Malone and Co.

Just looked up his stats..........

29 107 273...... not to mention 35 SB's

If we could put this guy in center field.......... he'd not only improve our defense dramatically....... he would make our line-up almost unstoppable.

lets not forget this guy is a switch hitter, and only 26.

We could get him but the Royals will want 5 minor leaguers I betcha.

The Royals want no payroll so if we can find 5 stiffs to send them it mite work.

They cant afford to pay anybody!

I think that it would cost us atleast 2 guys like Rauch or Malone....... a guy like Stewart or West...... and a player on our current roster..... A-Row.... maybe CLEE to energize the fans(I know thats pushing it, but he has atleast a tad of notoriety around the league)

Maybe we look to Pitts and Brian Giles?

Then again we've given them the Kipper and Fogg............ better quit while were ahead.

The Royals want to move him, they aren't looking to pick up salary and in this current market they are likely to give him up for not that much. There is no way we'd have to give up our top prospects in this deal or anything close to that.

Greg is right, they could ask for 5 minor leaguers and we could get away with giving them pretty much 5 stiffs. Beltran is going to make money this year as well as next year, and thats something not many teams are willing to pick up this year.

I'm not sure what the current payroll is, after all the trades and signings, but I'm still guessing if we picked up Beltran our payroll would be about 55 million, which would put us in the vicinity of last year. Also, I wouldn't even care if we gave up those guy and lost him in 2 years because we still wouldn't be giving up much.

The one thing I love about Beltran is all the tools he has. To me he's a way better version of Jose Cruz Jr. One that plays awesome defense and has maybe, the best arm of any centerfielder in baseball. This would be a sweet pickup, and I say if we got Beltran, we'd definately be favorites to win the division.

Hunter in Minnesota is the best, but Beltran is darn good. Royals desperate to unload, and Beltran isn't quite the commodity Colon was.

On a sidenote, Beltran could of been acquired by the Cubs last season for Michael Tucker or that was something that was rumored after they dealt Tucker for a PTBNL. Most teams said it was going to be Beltran but that the Cubs didn't want to add payroll. Of course, whether thats true or not only the other teams management knows.

Please KW, go get Beltran...then call it an offseason. :)

The Royals want to move him, they aren't looking to pick up salary and in this current market they are likely to give him up for not that much.  There is no way we'd have to give up our top prospects in this deal or anything close to that.

Greg is right, they could ask for 5 minor leaguers and we could get away with giving them pretty much 5 stiffs.  Beltran is going to make money this year as well as next year, and thats something not many teams are willing to pick up this year.

I'm not sure what the current payroll is, after all the trades and signings, but I'm still guessing if we picked up Beltran our payroll would be about 55 million, which would put us in the vicinity of last year.  Also, I wouldn't even care if we gave up those guy and lost him in 2 years because we still wouldn't be giving up much. 

The one thing I love about Beltran is all the tools he has.  To me he's a way better version of Jose Cruz Jr.  One that plays awesome defense and has maybe, the best arm of any centerfielder in baseball.  This would be a sweet pickup, and I say if we got Beltran, we'd definately be favorites to win the division. 

Hunter in Minnesota is the best, but Beltran is darn good.  Royals desperate to unload, and Beltran isn't quite the commodity Colon was. 

On a sidenote, Beltran could of been acquired by the Cubs last season for Michael Tucker or that was something that was rumored after they dealt Tucker for a PTBNL.  Most teams said it was going to be Beltran but that the Cubs didn't want to add payroll.  Of course, whether thats true or not only the other teams management knows. 

Please KW, go get Beltran...then call it an offseason.  :)

Beltran is still theirs for 2 more years I believe.......... so why dish him this ear, unless they can reload their system with some top end prospects. Beltran will not go for 5 stiffs. Especially considering they'd be dealing him within the division

Because he will make a lot of money this year. Look what the Expos got for a Cy Young Candidate in Colon. They got stiffs. Kansas is going to get mainly stiffs in return as well. Rowand isn't really a stiff, Stewart is a quality prospect that can immediately start, and Ginter could go to the pen. Pretty fair to me.

No one wants to take on payroll this year. Then look at Millwood, who went for nothing at all cause he made money. I don't know what Beltran will make, but my guess is it will be a good amount this year.