Multi Questions on Prospects

LDF

I think there gonna play Thomas Brice in the OF, I think Phil Rogers really liked Brice, I think he called him a sleeper for 2003 to have a really big season at Bristol. But i think Brice is a ground ball hitter, if i recall he has very little power and dosen't K that much.

I think there gonna play Thomas Brice in the OF, I think Phil Rogers really liked Brice, I think he called him a sleeper for 2003 to have a really big season at Bristol. But i think Brice is a ground ball hitter, if i recall he has very little power and dosen't K that much.

damn either way i think we are possibly looking at the infield of the future with andy gonazales missing. don't the sox have 2 other ss that are talked about, mike morse or something like that and another that was drafted?

Yeah, i think Christopher Getz is the guy your talking about

Here's a quote form WhiteSox.com about him:

COMMENT: Slender, athletic body. Wiry look, similar to Tony Womack. Coachable with good instincts. Contact hitter. Line-drive type with decent bat speed. Average time to 1B, good speed on bases. Aggressive runner. Throws show carry, life. Good release. Quick, soft hands. Adequate range. Nice actions. Good athlete.

Yeah, i think Christopher Getz is the guy your talking about

Here's a quote form WhiteSox.com about him:

COMMENT: Slender, athletic body. Wiry look, similar to Tony Womack. Coachable with good instincts. Contact hitter. Line-drive type with decent bat speed. Average time to 1B, good speed on bases. Aggressive runner. Throws show carry, life. Good release. Quick, soft hands. Adequate range. Nice actions. Good athlete.

if that is the other ss, that is good.

You might have been thinking about Guillermo Reyes.

Am I wrong but, it seems as if we have so many more legitimate, big time potential prospects than we did 2-3 years ago. It seems as if then we were reaching to say something good about our young guys. I remember when our two best pitching prospects were Aaron Myette and Kevin Bierne. I never thought either one had big league potential. Now we have a s***potful, including our own Mr. Bullard.

You might have been thinking about Guillermo Reyes.

Am I wrong but, it seems as if we have so many more legitimate, big time potential prospects than we did 2-3 years ago.  It seems as if then we were reaching to say something good about our young guys.  I remember when our two best pitching prospects were Aaron Myette and Kevin Bierne.  I never thought either one had big league potential.  Now we have a s***potful, including our own Mr. Bullard.

i am REALLY excited about our lower level prospects. even more so that those that made the big leagues now.

i mean this group of kids are really freaking scary talented. omg.

The big thing is, the Sox have already utlized a ton of their prospects and from what I hear and believe, this next wave is going to be the best yet. Arms like Honel, Malone, Rauch, etc are top notch and the Sox also have some hitting prospect.

Reyes still has work to do, but he's got a lot of raw ability as do guys like Casey Rogowski. I remember a year ago, before his injury, people were wondering what we'd do with Konerko cause they thought he was so good. I think he had a wrist injury, which is something that really effects your swing and stats, but he should be better this year as well.

One of my favorite thing about the Sox is that we get to read and hear about prospects and then actually see them at the next level. Teams like the Yanks hype them up, but never do you get to see them. I love watching the prospects grow and develop and then seeing it materialize on the field.

The big thing is, the Sox have already utlized a ton of their prospects and from what I hear and believe, this next wave is going to be the best yet.  Arms like Honel, Malone, Rauch, etc are top notch and the Sox also have some hitting prospect.

Reyes still has work to do, but he's got a lot of raw ability as do guys like Casey Rogowski.  I remember a year ago, before his injury, people were wondering what we'd do with Konerko cause they thought he was so good.  I think he had a wrist injury, which is something that really effects your swing and stats, but he should be better this year as well.

One of my favorite thing about the Sox is that we get to read and hear about prospects and then actually see them at the next level.  Teams like the Yanks hype them up, but never do you get to see them.  I love watching the prospects grow and develop and then seeing it materialize on the field.

and we have a s*** load of talent coming in in all positions except for of course catching.

The big thing is, the Sox have already utlized a ton of their prospects and from what I hear and believe, this next wave is going to be the best yet.  Arms like Honel, Malone, Rauch, etc are top notch and the Sox also have some hitting prospect.

Reyes still has work to do, but he's got a lot of raw ability as do guys like Casey Rogowski.  I remember a year ago, before his injury, people were wondering what we'd do with Konerko cause they thought he was so good.  I think he had a wrist injury, which is something that really effects your swing and stats, but he should be better this year as well.

One of my favorite thing about the Sox is that we get to read and hear about prospects and then actually see them at the next level.  Teams like the Yanks hype them up, but never do you get to see them.  I love watching the prospects grow and develop and then seeing it materialize on the field.

and we have a s*** load of talent coming in in all positions except for of course catching.

I wonder if we can talk the Twins out of Mauer?

The big thing is, the Sox have already utlized a ton of their prospects and from what I hear and believe, this next wave is going to be the best yet.  Arms like Honel, Malone, Rauch, etc are top notch and the Sox also have some hitting prospect.

Reyes still has work to do, but he's got a lot of raw ability as do guys like Casey Rogowski.  I remember a year ago, before his injury, people were wondering what we'd do with Konerko cause they thought he was so good.  I think he had a wrist injury, which is something that really effects your swing and stats, but he should be better this year as well.

One of my favorite thing about the Sox is that we get to read and hear about prospects and then actually see them at the next level.  Teams like the Yanks hype them up, but never do you get to see them.  I love watching the prospects grow and develop and then seeing it materialize on the field.

try going to ana they have 2 top 10 catching prospects, and 1 more in the top 20.

try going to ana they have 2 top 10 catching prospects, and 1 more in the top 20.

oops my bad, i was talking about tor having the 3 cat. ana has 1 very good cat

• 2 weeks later...

If Jason would EVER finish his Birmingham report, I could post my Winstom-Salem and Kannapolis reports.

:)

And LDF, I'll be covering everyone of the prospects you listed in your first post, except for Schnurstein, and probably Bounds. If we need a preview on Bristol, I'd most likely cover Schnurstein, then.

If Jason would EVER finish his Birmingham report, I could post my Winstom-Salem and Kannapolis reports.

:)

And LDF, I'll be covering everyone of the prospects you listed in your first post, except for Schnurstein, and probably Bounds. If we need a preview on Bristol, I'd most likely cover Schnurstein, then.

I know, I was talking to Mario about it yesterday. I have 2 more people to talk about and have needed to finish it for like a month now, lol.

Got to forget about school for a day and just finish it. I'll try to get my reading done today, then spend another half hour on it so your beautiful work can go up.