SN Report

Molto

I really don't mind this deal much. Sure it was called Comiskey for all this time, but who really cares about a name if the park isn't nice enough for people to go?

They now have $58 million, even though it is accross 23 years, to fix this park up.

I'm looking foward to seeing the changes they will make next season, if they haven't already done it already.

It should be a sweet deal, but I'd like to see it named US Cellular Presents Comiskey Park or something along those lines.

JR said he will still use the Comiskey name somehow, so that will be interesting to be seen.

Its good if they make the stadium look like it did in those photos that came up a month or two ago.

well, they have $58 million.

that is about $2 million a year.

obviously that isn't a lot, but I assume they will use a lot of that money up front through a loan or extra money they have, and just collect the cash year-by-year after.

I don't know if they will do what that site had in mind, but it would be pretty cool.

;) Its cool that were getting a large sum of money for the stadium naming, but, i wish we could avoid going to a park named after a cell phone company ..it just doesnt sound right..

even though the new comiskey never had the charm of the old one...i find it a nice stadium as long as you are at field level...

I just wish that they would call it Comiskey Park still, i am going to continue to do so.

GO GO SOX!

LETS BREAK 85 YEARS OF MISERY!

Well, first, nycchisoxfa, I think Ill be the first to welcome you aboard and I hope you enjoy it here.

Now, I just wanted to know what theyd do to replace the name Comiskey. Im not sure where it says Comiskey Park on the outside but I do know its on the jumbotron. So what will go there instead?

As I posted at mlb, I think the money will help with renovations but Im kinda dissappointed to see all the history of the parks name go away. Comiskey Park was a piece of history that commemorated a man from 90 years ago, even tho the park itself was only ten years old. Not its a new park with a new name, no history whatsoever. But like I said at mlb, I guess its better to have a nice park with a crappy name rather than a crappy park with a nice name (which is Wrigley Field, if you would like to call that a nice name, it is atleast historical)...

Now, I just wanted to know what theyd do to replace the name Comiskey. Im not sure where it says Comiskey Park on the outside but I do know its on the jumbotron. So what will go there instead?

They'll just add US Cellular to the center field scoreboard.

Right in the middle is where it says "Comiskey Park".

ph_ballpark_past_venue1_com.jpg

They'll just add US Cellular to the center field scoreboard.

Right in the middle is where it says "Comiskey Park".

ph_ballpark_past_venue1_com.jpg

Oh, fun. Itll still be Comiskey in our hearts tho!