Official proof

cwsox

In news that is surprizing yet oddly not --

at our congressional district meeting today, out of the blue to me, I was nominated and elected "Democrat of the Year"

next month I get a photo op and dinner with John Kerry

:usa :usa :usa :usa

Even though I lean more Republican, that is great news to hear.  Congratulations.

Is this democrat of the year in your area, or in the entire nation?

Have fun with Senator Kerry :usa

It is for the 14 county congressional district.

It was actually a fun day. I didn't want to go to the convention, been doing so much lately, last Sunday I spoke at an AFL-CIO rally, tomorrow I have a radio talk show thing and then our county meeting - makes for long days. We had to break off into caucuses and my caucus elected me chair which was an honor cause we had some high profile people in the room and then the Dem of the Year thing later - the dinner I get to go to is a really big deal, the swankiest thing in the state all year - and I had wanted to go but couldn't afford it. And now I get to go for free with a guest! And all the neat s*** I'll get to do! A lot of people want to win this thing and I hadn't thought about it -

I am going to tell Kerry to talk McCain into being his running mate! I want a unity ticket - bring folks together - I think now it is really time! :usa :usa

(by the way, I schedule all party functions only after I consult my schedule - saving the nation is one thing but there are priorities and that is White Sox baseball!)

It is for the 14 county congressional district.

It was actually a fun day.  I didn't want to go to the convention, been doing so much lately, last Sunday I spoke at an AFL-CIO rally, tomorrow I have a radio talk show thing and then our county meeting - makes for long days.  We had to break off into caucuses and my caucus elected me chair which was an honor cause we had some high profile people in the room and then the Dem of the Year thing later - the dinner I get to go to is a really big deal, the swankiest thing in the state all year - and I had wanted to go but couldn't afford it.  And now I get to go for free with a guest!  And all the neat s*** I'll get to do!  A lot of people want to win this thing and I hadn't thought about it -

I am going to tell Kerry to talk McCain into being his running mate!  I want a unity ticket - bring folks together - I think now it is really time! :usa  :usa

(by the way, I schedule all party functions only after I consult my schedule - saving the nation is one thing but there are priorities and that is White Sox baseball!)

I think Kerry McCain would be a very strong ticket, and would have a strong chance of winning.

It seems that lately the parties have too much pride to invite someone from the opposite party to join on a ticket...even though McCain is a liberal republican.

Your going to wear some soxtalk gear to the party right?

Congradulations, this is a great honor

Could you do me a favor and see if i could be Kerry's secretary of keeping it real?

You are talking to a a guy who did CBS Evening News, ABC Nightly News, and salon.com wearing a White Sox turtle neck! True! In all the s*** I do there is always something White Sox somewhere! Even if it means casually draping a Sox jacket in the background! In fact, people take bets as to how I will work something in.

But hmmmmmm.... to wear soxtalk.com boutique stuff.... someone will have to make that worth my while!

;) :lol: