Sox Fans help me

WSoxShuf

1. 1st round pick, Matt Ginter, traded yesterday to Mets for Timo Perez. Yes, Timo Perez. It was explained as such: If Aaron Rowand (i.e. the world-beater) gets hurt, they need Perez. Instead of the great Jeremy Reed or the future, Joe Borchard, whom they spent $5.5 MM on just to sign a contract? Huh?

2. 1st round pick Jason Stumm, his career hanging by a thread down in the bushes because he's had not just reconstructive elbow surgery, but also reconstructive shoulder surgery. Uh, not a rosy outlook... hanging by a thread indeed.

3. The number one prospect in all of baseball three years ago, right-handed starter, Jon Rauch, has surgery, couldn't find anything upon returning... currently battling out four other hacks for one of the last spots on the roster. That's a long ways down, huh?

4. Corwin Malone, another great left-handed flame-throwing starter has Tommy John surgery last year. Upon his return, the WS brass don't like what they see. Recently designated for assignment (uh, that's code for: they guy's got nothing).

5. Six words: Keith Foulke for essentially Billy Koch.

Of course, they did ship Rocky Biddle off to Montreal. He only saved 34 games last year, 5th highest in the N.L. That helped the Sox.

So pick up a mirror, pal. It's not like you got a pack of genuises over there at Commisky.

I do not plan on going to the message board, but here is my response to this...

1 - What has Matt Ginter done in the major leagues? What has Timo Perez done in the major leagues? To answer these questions in one sentence, Timo Perez has done a hell of a lot more then Matt Ginter.

2 - So what? It's not like the White Sox are the only team with first round busts. It happens all across the big leagues.

3 - Once again, refer to #2.

4 - Along with referring to #2, Corwin suffered from a little bit of Rick Ankiel-itis. A couple great years, and then total loss of control.

5 - Keith Foulke(who is now in Boston), Mark Johnson(who is now in Milwaukee), and Joe Valentine(who is now in Cincinatti) for Billy Koch(still in Chicago), Neal Cotts(still in Chicago), and Daylon Holt(who, last time I checked, was still with Chicago, and unless something happened to him, he is still with us). That one really worked out well for Oakland's long-term plan, didn't it? Oh wait a second, no it didn't.

the follow up - Sure Rocky Biddle was dealt to Montreal along with Orlando Hernandez and Jeff Liefer, and Orlando Hernandez was acquired for Antonio Osuna and Delvis Lantigua(If I got his name right). Rocky Biddle's 34 saves were solid, but his 4.65 ERA and WHIP of 1.55 are, to put it plainly, bad, especially for a closer. Also, Rocky Biddle was dealt for a guy named Bartolo Colon. He was only 15-13 with a 3.87 ERA in 242 innings for the White Sox in 2003. So basically, the White Sox gave up very little for a rent-a-year player. The Royals have done that before though too, so it's nothing new to them(Rondell White via trade, Jose Lima via FA, etc).

If you want to use that and take complete credit for it, go for it.