Estes washed up?!?

Shawn Estes outpitched Randy Johnson. Not a bad start for a player who had to battle his way into the Colorado Rockies' rotation this year.

I can't remember who was saying Estes would be a terrible signing for the Sox, but wouldn't he have been a decent option if he can hold things together? Now granted, he does pitch for Colorado, so his #'s over the season will suck, but it's interesting how he got off to a great start...

Shawn Estes outpitched Randy Johnson. Not a bad start for a player who had to battle his way into the Colorado Rockies' rotation this year.

I can't remember who was saying Estes would be a terrible signing for the Sox, but wouldn't he have been a decent option if he can hold things together?  Now granted, he does pitch for Colorado, so his #'s over the season will suck, but it's interesting how he got off to a great start...

One start does not a good pitcher make.

He had a couple good starts for the Cubs too, but at the end of the year, the numbers will bear out what I know to be true ( REGARDLESS of where he pitches):

Shawn Estes does indeed suck ass.

I can't remember who was saying Estes would be a terrible signing for the Sox, but wouldn't he have been a decent option if he can hold things together?  Now granted, he does pitch for Colorado, so his #'s over the season will suck, but it's interesting how he got off to a great start...

Shawn-Estes-SUCKS.

Mark my words, he will finish with an era over 6.00

See what happens when we just generate a conversation around here?!? :lol:

Heck yea he will finish with an era above 6.00, he pitches for Colorado.

But he did have a nice outing the other night, and I'm not stupid enough to think that will make his season, but here's my point.

All you people out there talks about how Estes sucks, and one outing doesn't define a season. Now go back and read the crap that's being posted about Monday's game. ONE OUTING DOESN'T DEFINE A SEASON.

Remember this next time everyone wants to join the jumping off the bridge about one game.

See what happens when we just generate a conversation around here?!?  :lol:

Heck yea he will finish with an era above 6.00, he pitches for Colorado.

But he did have a nice outing the other night, and I'm not stupid enough to think that will make his season, but here's my point.

All you people out there talks about how Estes sucks, and one outing doesn't define a season.  Now go back and read the crap that's being posted about Monday's game.  ONE OUTING DOESN'T DEFINE A SEASON.

Remember this next time everyone wants to join the jumping off the bridge about one game.

Look back at what's been said about Monday, and you'll see that I for one am NOT jumping off bridges or climbing onto ledges, because as bad as that loss felt, it IS only one game and that's ALL it is. The worst thing I've said is that Ozzie's quick hook sends a bad message to a guy you've declared to be your closer.

...and Estes still sucks.

It also bears repeating that he's a selfish, me-first bastard who refused to work out of the bullpen for the Cubs because he "didn't even know how to warm up as a reliever". That is NOT the kind of player I want on the White Sox. Ever.

Look back at what's been said about Monday, and you'll see that I for one am NOT jumping off bridges or climbing onto ledges, because as bad as that loss felt, it IS only one game and that's ALL it is. The worst thing I've said is that Ozzie's quick hook sends a bad message to a guy you've declared to be your closer.

...and Estes still sucks.

It also bears repeating that he's a selfish, me-first bastard who refused to work out of the bullpen for the Cubs because he "didn't even know how to warm up as a reliever". That is NOT the kind of player I want on the White Sox. Ever.

:lol: You got my point though. I wouldn't want Estes either. I started the thread that way because I knew that a lot of people would say the same thing - that it's one game etc etc etc etc and would say the opposite regarding the game the other night.

I wasn't trying to single anyone in particular out, just sayin' is all...