Let's all say a big "Thanks!"

CWSGuy406

I, for one, will admit that I was wrong about one thing. During the offseason, I was wanting desperately another quality starter. I blindly thought that adding an arm such as Odalis Perez would really improve our staff. I thought that trading Paul Konerko and adding Perez would be a great trade - I think this season will prove me being wrong.

In two starts so far, Perez has lasted a total of 11 and 2/3rds innings, giving up 16 hits and 4 walks, and a 5 + ERA.

I know the season is still very, very young, but I for one am glad that Kenny didn't pull the trigger on a deal of Odalis Perez for Paul Konerko...

Though Valentin has been shaky, I am glad we kept him.

I am loving the addition of Uribe because it is putting pressure on him and Harris to perform well.

you mean for Uribe as in not commit an error and drop a double play ball? :lol: :lol:

PK looks energised and has something to prove and I was glad the fans demanded a curtain call from him on the home run, that is class to say you had a rough year and we are here for you wanting you to do well.

I am glad the proposed trade did not happen. As someone else said, wisely, that pitcher (in my opinion) is overrated.

I will never agree on keeping Valentin, the wonderful StJosE6. But I am not saying anything not positive today because we won the home opener!

I wanted Konerko for Perez to get done badly. It would have given us a much needed 4th starter, and really, when all things are considered, we only knew that we had a solid 1-2-3, and we really had no clue how the 4 and 5 spots where going to shape up.

If Paulie can force feed me crow, then by god do it. If he wants to put up a .310 30 110 season, he sure as hell can, and I'll be looking forward to my crow.

Freddy Garcia wont help this team either...we dont need guys that are just average pitchers..i'd rather let cotts or another prospect get a chance to start

There is a reason you don't touch a hot stove after you have touched it once already.

We tried that route last year(going with Porzio, Wright, Stewart, and Cotts in the #5 spot), and that could be what bit us in the ass and gave the Twins a playoff birth and not us. Why on earth would you want to do it again?

Give me a proven starter, or atleast someone that will pitch well.

hmmm that would be very interesting.

foreshadowing per say.

I don't have any inside scoop or anything. I just think he's a guy they can get, who won't cost a major prospect. Plus, he's a guy who's got playoff expierence and perhaps Ozzie could work some of his mojo on him.

There is a reason you don't touch a hot stove after you have touched it once already. 

We tried that route last year(going with Porzio, Wright, Stewart, and Cotts in the #5 spot), and that could be what bit us in the ass and gave the Twins a playoff birth and not us.  Why on earth would you want to do it again?

Give me a proven starter, or atleast someone that will pitch well.

I believe if the Sox are in contention, they will make a move.