Honel Update

Rex Hudler

Barons radio broadcaster just said that Kris Honel was placed on the DL today and will be replaced by Josh Fields who is scheduled to arrive from Tucson Monday. Apparently no new news on his injury other than just soreness/tendonitis. Just being careful since it is still sore.

hopefully he gets better. how long will he be on the DL?

Minor League DL is 7 days..... keep in mind that he has already missed 3 starts (3rd one today) so there is no definite timetable. The move to the DL was simply to make room for Fields. When Honel is ready to start, someone else will be moved from the roster.

Honels and Munozes and Diazes are the future of this franchise, much more so than Yankee and Red Sox prospects are.

This IS a big deal and I'd rather they shelve him for a month or two just in case. I don't want to see him in the bigs before 2007 anyway, so he'll have plenty of time to catch up.

I don't want to see him in the bigs before 2007 anyway, so he'll have plenty of time to catch up.

That would make him 25, if Honel isn't with a big league club by then, whether it the Sox or some one else, then there is a problem with him. He's in AA now so what does he spend 3 years in AAA? Isn't 25 about the time people start losing "prospect" status? I've read the majority of projections that say mid-2005 for Honel as long as he doesn't have any major surgery in the very near future that sounds about right to me.

That would make him 25, if Honel isn't with a big league club by then, whether it the Sox or some one else, then there is a problem with him. He's in AA now so what does he spend 3 years in AAA? Isn't 25 about the time people start losing "prospect" status? I've read the majority of projections that say mid-2005 for Honel as long as he doesn't have any major surgery in the very near future that sounds about right to me.

I thought he was 20.