Baker/Wood fines and suspended

Even funnier is seeing Dusty b**** about it in the papers.  Yeah Dusty life is unfair when you act like an idiot. :rolleyes:

Bruce Wolf was saying that fans that had seats behind the plate called the commisioner complaining about Dusty's language and behaviour.

Wood's is equivalent to a 1 game suspension, right?

They really should do something about the starting pitcher's suspension, making it greater than just 5 games, since that usually means they'll only miss one start. If the others have to sit out for more, then starting pitchers should have to sit out for more. Starting pitchers aren't more special than the other players. I was listening to The Score this morning while driving to student teaching, and they brought up a good point. Make them serve a 9-game suspension so that they must miss 2 games (a full rotation) instead...I like this idea, because a 5-day 1-start is just a slap on the hand.

They really should do something about the starting pitcher's suspension, making it greater than just 5 games, since that usually means they'll only miss one start.  If the others have to sit out for more, then starting pitchers should have to sit out for more.  Starting pitchers aren't more special than the other players.  I was listening to The Score this morning while driving to student teaching, and they brought up a good point.  Make them serve a 9-game suspension so that they must miss 2 games (a full rotation) instead...I like this idea, because a 5-day 1-start is just a slap on the hand.

I think the purpose of this suspension was, in fact, to make him miss one start. Just like Dusty was suspended for 1 game.