Outfielder Ratings

whitesox247

BTW, check out my new avatar!!!  Check out his positioning.  He is staring at a home run hit ball that came off his bat.  That's gonna be happening plenty of times this year!!!  :headbang

no offense at all heather but imo that is nothing to be proud of...i'd like to see guys just start running and not make that much of a big deal of it..unless its their first ever homer...i dont wanna c any of our guys turning into sosa-bonds type guys

and how da hell IS bellhorn in front of crede

As Jim Ian noted, this is FANTASY rankings....this is based solely on statistics and not the actual talent of the player. You wanna know why Bellhorn has a higher ranking than Crede?

Bellhorn hit 27 homers last year, drove in 60 or so, and had an OBP of about .360....Crede hit 12 homers, drove in about 40 and had an OBP of(and this is a total guess) about .345....and Bellhorn played more games, and he played most of them at 2B....he scored more runs than Joe, he got more hits....flat out, he played better than Joe did AT THE MAJOR LEAGUES. This is also due to the fact that he PLAYED MORE GAMES at the major league level as well. Does this mean I'd rather have Bellhorn than Crede? Hell no....but I assume Rowand was higher than Patterson in CF....as big of a K machine as Patterson is and for how little he walks....I'd probably rather have Patterson over Rowand in CF....Patterson has some incredible range, though he doesn't read the ball off the bat well, and he's got a good mix of power and speed....bat him 6th in our lineup and he could be a .270 30 90 35 guy with a gold glove....problem is, he is in a weak lineup and he has to be one of the bigger elements.

I also believe Kerry Wood is higher on that list than Mark Buehrle is...in fact, I think that both Wood and Clement are higher on it than Buehrle...and Prior could be as well. The only one I'd even consider taking over Buehrle is Prior...and that's because he is GOING to be a stud....and if I wanted to win in 1 year or else my team was going to have to be rebuilt, I'd rather have Buehrle....he is a stud that knows how to pitch.

When comparing baseball teams, I take none of this s*** into consideration....when doing fantasy stuff, I take this stuff into consideration...SOMETIMES.

In conclusion, I think the lesson is don't get so damn hyped about fantasy rankings....though I do think Maggs is the 3rd best OFer in today's game(behind Bonds and Vlad) and I think he'll put up better triple crown numbers then those 2(meaning he'll have a better average, more homers and more RBI than those 2 for those who don't understand).

As for SS, Valentin is listed at #15.

if its purely offensive numbers jose should be higher than 15..his power alone from a ss is a huge advantage in most fantasy leagues

Jose's 2002 batting average was lower than Clayton's so he isn't quite the offensive force we always like to imagine - that woukd effect his rankings coming out of 2002

As for SS, Valentin is listed at #15.

if its purely offensive numbers jose should be higher than 15..his power alone from a ss is a huge advantage in most fantasy leagues

i guess its not all power-rbi numbers because eckstein was in front of valentin, but 15 out of the ss positions pretty darn good, though i kno this is strictly FANTASY ratings