Shoeless Joe

Never thought of it like that. However I had thought of this...

Joe Jackson - .375 BA 8 games 32 ABs 5 runs 12 hits 3 2Bs 1 HRs 6 RBI 1 BB 2 Ks, 0 errors fielding

leading the team in runs scored, hits, RBI, hit the only HR for the Sox in the WS

He was actually put on the "permenantly inactive list" or somthin like that and there was no official rule till the early 90's that players on the list (19 of them) couldnt make the hall of fame, So untill 92 or somthin he could have made it but no one voted him in.

Never thought of it like that.  However I had thought of this...

Joe Jackson - .375 BA 8 games 32 ABs 5 runs 12 hits 3 2Bs 1 HRs 6 RBI 1 BB 2 Ks, 0 errors fielding

leading the team in runs scored, hits, RBI, hit the only HR for the Sox in the WS

Don't tell me how you hit, tell me when you hit it. How many times does Hawk say that a year, and how many years has he been a commentator for the Sox?

And I also wondered the same thing at a time. It is not lifetime as in your living lifetime...it is like forever and forever lifetime until they take off the ban.