No tag applied?

EvilMonkey

I end up listening to alot of games on the radio due to my work hours, and sometime during the course of the game, farmer will say "And a throw to forst, no tag applied." Is there any reason to say that? Does it matter if a tag is applied or not? Just curious. :huh

I end up listening to alot of games on the radio due to my work hours, and sometime during the course of the game, farmer will say "And a throw to forst, no tag applied."  Is there any reason to say that?  Does it matter if a tag is applied or not?  Just curious. :huh

Well yeah u have to tag him for him to be out on a pickoff

OK , you are right about that. But why does it bear a mention that no tag was applied. He doesn't say 'throw to first, tag applied', so why let us know that NO tag was applied? Is he just talking because he loves the sound of his voice? I was just curious if he was noting that no tag was applied for a reason.

I thought he was talking about the uniform

I always pitchered it as that casual toss over to first where the 1st baseman just kind of stands there and plays catch with the pitcher. As opposed to a did we get him, slide back into first.

I end up listening to alot of games on the radio due to my work hours, and sometime during the course of the game, farmer will say "And a throw to forst, no tag applied."  Is there any reason to say that?  Does it matter if a tag is applied or not?  Just curious. :huh

Rooney is on the radio. His job is to draw a picture for the audience. That's the only reason he says it.