Mckay Christiansen (spelling?)

Bighurt52235

Did McKay go over to the Dodgers in the James Baldwin deal? Or do I have that completely wrong? I'm pretty sure we got him in a deal with the Angels, he wasn't originally drafted by the Sox.

As far as his abilities, he was thought to be the Sox future leadoff hitter, but he never developed the ability to hit major league pitching even a modicum of the time.

We got him from the Angels. At the time he was in a 2 year Morman Mission. We traded him to the Dodgers well before the Baldwin deal. He had been up with the Sox at least twice, and he convinced everyone that he would not hit. Good speed, and that was it. When he went to the Dodgers, he immediately got about ten hits, going 4 for 4 I believe, but it was all a fluke. A month or two later he was back in the minors.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Was he supposed to be good or not?  I don't really remember.

Yes he was. He suffered a broken ????? during ST of 2001 and never became what alot of people though he could become. Me and HSC were the only two who said that he should be added to the all-time prospects bust thread :headbang

yeah we did didnt we.....lol..... i seriously missed my calling in life.....i should be a scout huh..........lol............

Was he supposed to be good or not?  I don't really remember.  All I know was that he was drafted before Nomar Garciaparra!  Who scouted that one? Who was he traded for when moving to LA?  Right now he is with Colorado.

He was acquired out of the Angles organization in the Jim Abbott trade. Mckay was supposed to be a stud. He was drafted then went on a mormon mission for a year or two, I forget how long they are supposed to be. I think two, but not sure.

The kid was a great defensive center fielder with blazing speed and he hit well whenever he got the shot in LA, but for some reason they never let him play permanently.

I really think that guy is a lot like Orlando Palmerio with a bit more talent. I'd love to pick him back up. The kid is a great bunter too.