Blurb about Mag's Contract

In Tuesday's Sun Times Ron Rapaport wrote

"Despite Magglio Ordonez's vehement denials of that recent report out of New York that he and the White Sox are at contract loggerheads, the NY Daily News is now saying a tentative 4 year agreement for about $50 million broke down recently when Jerry Reinsdorf wanted to defer much of the money."

Confirms what so many of us thought about negotiating with the Sox.

Maggs is good but I wouldn't pay him over $12 million a year, which is what Gurerro (sp?), Pujols and Bonds make and he is not in their league. The guy didn't even have 100 RBIs last year. I hate to see ya go Maggs but you are out of your mind.

Maggs is good but I wouldn't pay him over $12 million a year, which is what Gurerro (sp?), Pujols and Bonds make and he is not in their league. The guy didn't even have 100 RBIs last year. I hate to see ya go Maggs but you are out of your mind.

You might as well say 99 is 100.

In Tuesday's Sun Times Ron Rapaport wrote

"Despite Magglio Ordonez's vehement denials of that recent report out of New York that he and the White Sox are at contract loggerheads, the NY Daily News is now saying a tentative 4 year agreement for about $50 million broke down recently when Jerry Reinsdorf wanted to defer much of the money."

Confirms what so many of us thought about negotiating with the Sox.

That doesn't confirm anything, except that rappaport is letting a New York newspaper tell him what is going on with negotions here in Chicago. Yeah, we all know JR likes to defer money, have out clauses, etc, which is why it is believable. So who are you going to believe, Mags, or a New York rag looking to sell newspapers? :huh

Bonds makes about $20 mill

Vlad makes $15 mill

Pujols makes $14+(and that's just because he's in his 4th year in the league).

$12 mill is fine for Maggs...better then the $15 he wanted earlier. That's right around Garret Anderson money, and that's just fine with me. At the very least, we could do worse