Worst Sox moment

popeye089

The WFT got us Foulke, who then brought Koch to the Southside. Hell help us much more than Alvarez, Darwin or Fernandez would have...

Did it get us to the WS like Schueler and JR had planned. Nope. Did any of those players do anything for us in the 2000 playoffs? Nope. Has Koch done anything in a White Sox uniform? Nope. When you find a positive (other than having Foulke and trading him for Koch) to the WFT, let me know. None of those players have gotten the Sox to the WS. More than likely, Alvarez and Co. wouldn't have either. So until I see some results, and we have none of the players currently from the nucleus of the WFT, this goes down as a Worst Day in White Sox History.

CubKilla, as I have said before, If there was an icon of a smiley clapping I would post it hear applauding this statement. Until Koch shows us something in the regular season, he has still the same amount for the White sox that ALvarez or Darwin has. So, I applaud you... CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP!

you cant look at a trade and say, the wft was good because we got foulke in the trade and eventually traded him for koch....so it worked out..

if you do that you could never end up evaluationg a trade....you go follow the lineage of a trade for 60 years and still debate it....if we didnt make the Wft and now wanted koch..we could have gotten him...we didnt have to have foulke to make that trade..we would have had another closer in his place we could have used to make that move....

the book has been closed on the WFT...it sucked..it was the 2nd worst moment in this franchises history...all those players are gone and what we got in return was one division title and a 3 and out in the playoffs...that trade labled the sox as quitters...and cost the sox thousands of fans..the franchise hasnt been the same since...after the lessons learned from that trade no team in baseball will ever give up only 3 games back...most now still try to trade for help when they are 10 games back just so no one can make an even remote connection the the white sox and the WFT...its a burden we will carry as long as the sox exist...

the franchise hasnt been the same since

I disagree.

2000 was a magical season. As late as September, the critics were still waiting for the Sox to "come down to earth" and roll over for the Indians, and it never happened.

The defining moment of the year was when we went to Cleveland and NY for 7 games and won all 7. That made a statement to the world that they were for real and that they weren't going to go away.

So while the "WFT" cost the franchise a lot of fans and whatnot, I think all was healed in 2000 and what we were able to accomplish and coming out of nowhere.

Hopefully our guys can top '00 in '03.

:bringit

the franchise hasnt been the same since

I disagree.

2000 was a magical season. As late as September, the critics were still waiting for the Sox to "come down to earth" and roll over for the Indians, and it never happened.

The defining moment of the year was when we went to Cleveland and NY for 7 games and won all 7. That made a statement to the world that they were for real and that they weren't going to go away.

So while the "WFT" cost the franchise a lot of fans and whatnot, I think all was healed in 2000 and what we were able to accomplish and coming out of nowhere.

Hopefully our guys can top '00 in '03.

:bringit

if all is healed then we can expect 2.5 million or so this year in attendance???

While 2000's run made the WFT a little easier to swallow, the 3-and-out performance of the 2000 squad in the AL Divisional Playoffs left the WFT a seething, open wound..... still. The only way that wound will be healed is through a WS Championship. And considering we have no one left from that trade, nothing from the WFT has healed..... at least IMHO.

And considering we have no one left from that trade, nothing from the WFT has healed..... at least IMHO.

yeah, but as you said earlier, had there been no WFT, we still probably wouldn;t have had a World Series run - so - it was a pure wash. Best to put it in the humerous ancedote category and not let it play into your anger anymore.

• 3 weeks later...