Chisoxfn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1

well we know that jimenez sucks.. miles is good and hummel cant play third.........have we learned anything else today???? MILES IS THE LORD OF THE MIDINFIELD DEFENSE !!!!!! lol :headbang :headbang :headbang :D

247, Chisoxfn.....thanks for the play by play....just got home and caught the last batter Koch whiffed.....

Although ST wins/losses are meaningless, its nice to see:

1. Colon looking solid

2. Buerle pitching ok for his first outing

3. Borchard hitting and fielding well

4. Konerko smacking the ball

5. Gaffy showing me he back to almost 100% (he will be playing more than most think this year)

6. and finally, Koch for doing what we expected

SOX WIN ! SOX WIN! :headbang

well we know that jimenez sucks.. miles is good and hummel cant play third.........have we learned anything else today???? MILES IS THE LORD OF THE MIDINFIELD DEFENSE  !!!!!! lol  :headbang :headbang :headbang  :D

That's why he was 26 and playing in AA.

Also, Nunez is looking very solid.

well we know that jimenez sucks.. miles is good and hummel cant play third.........have we learned anything else today???? MILES IS THE LORD OF THE MIDINFIELD DEFENSE  !!!!!! lol  :headbang   :headbang   :headbang  :D

That's why he was 26 and playing in AA.

Also, Nunez is looking very solid.

Nunez played real good.

Call me a pessimist, but I am getting (albeit a bit early, I know) a bit nervous about the 2B position....

We've got Jiminez, Harris, Miles, Nunez, Hummel all looking for a chance to play and I see weaknesses in each one.....

I think we need a guy who can be patient at the plate, get on base, hit for a decent average and hopefully end up scoring 120 runs with the guys hitting behind him....in addition, the guy will need to be a rock in the IF and get confortable with Valentin turning the DP.....

...each guy is unproven over a full season.... :(

....ok, so tell me I shouldn't worry....

Call me a pessimist, but I am getting (albeit a bit early, I know) a bit nervous about the 2B position....

We've got Jiminez, Harris, Miles, Nunez, Hummel all looking for a chance to play and I see weaknesses in each one.....

I think we need a guy who can be patient at the plate, get on base, hit for a decent average and hopefully end up scoring 120 runs with the guys hitting behind him....in addition, the guy will need to be a rock in the IF and get confortable with Valentin turning the DP.....

...each guy is unproven over a full season....  :(

....ok, so tell me I shouldn't worry....

Well...

We could have elected to sign Ray Ray for $8M a year, and forgotten about trading for Colon (that's where Ray's $8M is going, afterall). Would you rather have done that?

Look...we've got some question marks. Every team does (even the mighty Yankees) -- that's what makes the season fun. If we had a sure thing, sure it would be fun for a while, but part of what made 2000 so great was that we weren't expecting grandeur. It just kind of happened. We've got a great offense this year, and with Colon, we've got the best pitching potential we've had since the early 90's. I like our chances.

Oh, no doubt I like our chances as well.....its just that the question mark we are talking about happens to be our leadoff hitter.....and I just wonder what is plan be if everyone we put out there can't hit over 220?

Anyway, I'm going to stop thinking the glass is half full and hope like hell my pessimism is unwarranted and just enjoy what will be one hell of a fun year for all of us!! :headbang

Guest hotsoxchick1

dont worry something will work out for the good.. it always does....... :D miles, miles, miles..... i want miles in there............