13 yr old Girl Abducted Tuesday Morning

Queen Prawn

South Side Teen's Disappearance Remains Mysterious

South Side Teen's Disappearance Remains Mysterious

Girl Last Seen Checking On Bicycle

POSTED: 6:53 am CDT July 14, 2004

UPDATED: 7:13 am CDT July 14, 2004

CHICAGO --

A 13-year-old girl remained missing from her south side home Wednesday morning, after disappearing while chasing someone who allegedly stole her bicycle.

Jasmine Anderson was last seen around 3 a.m. Tuesday, when she went outside in the 3000 block of South Michigan Avenue, to chase away whoever she heard taking her bike.

Police later apprehended the alleged bike thief, identified as 33-year-old Leon Williams. Misdemeanor charges were filed against Williams, but investigators said he was not involved in Anderson's disappearance, according to NBC5's Kim Vatis.

Anderson's mother, Wendy Kent, made a public appeal for information about her daughter.

"If anybody has her, just bring my baby home," Kent said tearfully. "If she is hurt, somebody call me, and if somebody sees her, call us and tell us where she is. Just tell us something so we know."

Police released a description of Anderson: 5 feet 1 inch tall, 120 pounds, last seen wearing a yellow tank top and blue shorts with white stripes. She had no shoes and a ponytail.

3527394_320X240.jpg

What is a 13 year old doing out at 3am? Or even awake to know someone was stealing her bike?

Could have heard a noise outside..?

I think the bike theif was a ploy to get her outside and then snatch her. I've been woken up many times and gone outside to find damn skunks and coons trying to climb up on our deck. Little bastards... :angry:

What is a 13 year old doing out at 3am? Or even awake to know someone was stealing her bike?

Another question is why is a 33 year old stealing a 13 year old's bike. I don't believe for a second this guy had nothing to do with the disappearance. :headshake

Mysteriously Missing Girl Returns Home

Girl Disappeared In Middle Of The Night

UPDATED: 6:18 pm CDT July 14, 2004

CHICAGO --

A 13-year-old south side girl who had been missing for over 36 hours was safely back home with her family Wednesday afternoon, police News Affairs Officer Carlos Herrera said.

Herrera had no information about where Jasmine Anderson had been or how she was located.

The teen went missing from her south side home after disappearing while chasing someone who allegedly stole her bicycle.

Before her return, Jasmine had last been seen around 3 a.m. Tuesday, when she went outside in the 3000 block of South Michigan Avenue, to chase away whoever she heard taking her bike.

Police later apprehended the alleged bike thief, identified as 33-year-old Leon Williams. Misdemeanor charges were filed against Williams, but investigators said he was not involved in Anderson's disappearance, according to NBC5's Kim Vatis.

Anderson's mother, Wendy Kent, made a public appeal for information about her daughter.

"If anybody has her, just bring my baby home," Kent said tearfully. "If she is hurt, somebody call me, and if somebody sees her, call us and tell us where she is. Just tell us something so we know."

Police released a description of Anderson: 5 feet 1 inch tall, 120 pounds, last seen wearing a yellow tank top and blue shorts with white stripes. She had no shoes at the time of her disappearance.

Girl Disappeared In Middle Of The Night

UPDATED: 6:18 pm CDT July 14, 2004

CHICAGO --

A 13-year-old south side girl who had been missing for over 36 hours was safely back home with her family Wednesday afternoon, police News Affairs Officer Carlos Herrera said.

Herrera had no information about where Jasmine Anderson had been or how she was located.

The teen went missing from her south side home after disappearing while chasing someone who allegedly stole her bicycle.

Before her return, Jasmine had last been seen around 3 a.m. Tuesday, when she went outside in the 3000 block of South Michigan Avenue, to chase away whoever she heard taking her bike.

Police released a description of Anderson: 5 feet 1 inch tall, 120 pounds, last seen wearing a yellow tank top and blue shorts with white stripes. She had no shoes at the time of her disappearance.

Thank God for that. I'd like to know what happened though.