Minor League Camp assignments

KipWellsFan

Wyatt Allen, Byeong Hak An, Brian Cooper, Neal Cotts and Kris Honel, as well as catcher Jonathan Acevas.

I thought Cooper would be around longer, he was having a decent spring. Pitching 2 and 2 thirds innings and only giving up one hit and no walks. This surprises me because Cooper has also had some major league experience. :huh:

Wyatt Allen, Byeong Hak An, Brian Cooper, Neal Cotts and Kris Honel, as well as catcher Jonathan Acevas.

I thought Cooper would be around longer, he was having a decent spring.  Pitching 2 and 2 thirds innings and only giving up one hit and no walks.  This surprises me because Cooper has also had some major league experience. :huh:

Cooper was going down eventually. Didn't really matter when. None of those names surprise me though.

Byeong Hak An - I can't wait until he makes the majors.  What a great name!

So what the hell is the Hak part? A second first name, a middle name or the beginning of his last name? Why the hell can't they make life easier for us? :D

If I am not mistaken, Hak An Byeong would be his first, middle, and last..... kinda like Ichiro is the only player to have his "first" name on the back of his jersey when, in actuality, Ichiro is his last name. Confused? Good. So am I :lol:

So what the hell is the Hak part? A second first name, a middle name or the beginning of his last name? Why the hell can't they make life easier for us? :D

If I am not mistaken, Hak An Byeong would be his first, middle, and last..... kinda like Ichiro is the only player to have his "first" name on the back of his jersey when, in actuality, Ichiro is his last name. Confused? Good. So am I :lol:

So their first name is actually their last name huh?

You just made my day :D

His agent has GOT to convince him to change his name.....to something like Sandy or Whitey, s*** we're used to.......sigh.....I mean who the hell would ever buy his jersey? ....let alone wear it... :lol:

So their first name is actually their last name huh?

You just made my day :D

I think so

I thought Cooper would be around longer, he was having a decent spring.  Pitching 2 and 2 thirds innings and only giving up one hit and no walks.  This surprises me because Cooper has also had some major league experience. :huh:

The cuts in ST have two purposes. First, to clear the roster to get more playing time for the guys who they feel have a legit shot at making the club and to allow the guys cut more playing time in Minor League camp.

Secondly, is saving $$. The per diem's in big league camp are much bigger than in minor league camp ($100 to $20 or something like that - the numbers may be off, but the difference is hefty). Also, if players provide their own housing, they receive a housing allowance. The housing allowance for guys in big league camp is much larger as well.

Plus, like they did tonight (Cooper and Dellaero), they can still have guys from Minor League camp come up to play in a Big League game at any time.

On the first name, last name subject... In Japan, it works the same as it does here, I believe. Hence, Ichiro is the given name, Suzuki is the sirname. In China, it is reversed. Yao is sirname. Now what the deal is with pitcher that was just sent down .... Korean? .... I think I saw him listed in a boxscore as "An".