Holy shitballs!

witesoxfan

White Sox steroid contreversy

Kind of ....well....I don't know. I don't know if it scares me or something like that....but I bet the Chicago media(especially Moronotti) will blow this way out of proportion, and we will be the team on steroids....if anything, I thought this kind of thing would happen to that north-side circus they call the Cubs.

Damn, I am proud of those Sox players that stood out. I think testing should be mandatory and I think its good to see that the Sox dont' want to take the tests because they want the testing mandatory. I also think Alomar is entiteld to his opinion. Hopefully he doesn't cause some sort of rift in the clubhouse.

I bet Thomas was one who didn't take the test, I wonder who else.

Oh, good...I misunderstood it.  I thought they weren't because they didn't want to and they were holding out.  Phew!

Lol;

If those 16 don't take it, then they fail the test, meaning its more likely you get the 5%, therefor making the testing mandatory. Hopefully the people were doing it because thats what they stood for and it wasn't just 2 vets and a bunch of people following them.

It will be very interesting to see what will happen to the game over say, the next 20 years with regards to hitting and the impact of steroid use. I wonder if we will look back to the late 90's and notice that guys like McGuire and Bonds were the last guys to hit 60-70 homers let alone 50....and that guys are winning the hr crown with 35 or 38 a year....

I will tell you this....if we start to see the power stats, hrs, rbis and slugging % dramatically drop off this year, or we see a consistent decline in the numbers over the next few years, don't believe anyone who says its because the pitching is getting worse....nope....its because maybe Fat Wells and JoseC were right - that most of the players were juiced....

To all the dope addicts in mlb..... :fyou for trying to ruin our game.

Sox took the test!

This is an article on the White Sox's website regarding the incident earlier about the steroid testing. It says some of the SOX players thought about skipping the test to make the results more of positives and make the testing mandatory in MLB. It also cleared up that the players are not scared to get positive results. The players scheduled for the test took it and at least all the confusion and speculations are over.

Guest hotsoxchick1

im all for testing and such.. but theres got to be alot of stipulations or regulations as to who and why they can run testing.... just like at work for the rest of us.. they test you when you first get the job, thats a given.. and then they can test ya after an accident on the job ( for probable cause)....but thats it... i wouldnt be voulenteering for one ever.. and i dont think we should put that on the ball players either.. they should be tested as needed not at random......invasion of privacy.........i wouldnt blame them for holding out......and they shouldnt be punished for refusal of a random test....thats just not fair..........