A Letter to All Visitors of SoxNet/Soxtalk

Chisoxfn

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if I were to do that, I'd have my family kicking my ass because one thing I've guarenteed everyone is that I will NEVER charge and have people deal with registration and popups. 

if we charge Alex, find my address and give it to everyone on this board so they can all kick my ass.

I already have his address. ;)

if I were to do that, I'd have my family kicking my ass because one thing I've guarenteed everyone is that I will NEVER charge and have people deal with registration and popups.  

if we charge Alex, find my address and give it to everyone on this board so they can all kick my ass.

I already have his address. ;)

I probably don't want to know why, do I? :)

This won't become like the espn boards where you have to filter through the trolls and bulls*** just to read some decent posts?

Nope. Our crack team of admins will stay as leniant as it gets with our posters, but we'll oust any and all trolls that come over to start crap. Now if they just want to talk civilized baseball, thats cool, otherwise they'll get whiped out immediately, if there are any.

This won't become like the espn boards where you have to filter through the trolls and bulls*** just to read some decent posts?

First, congrats to all of you and good luck on will be a difficult and trying month getting yourselves set up....i've done enough system conversions and know that they can often be a very time-consuming and painstaking experience and that most people don't even realize the work involved....I really appreciate the effort you guys are willing to take to move this project forward and wish you guys nothing but the best.... :headbang

That said, I am also concerned about the PAY potential, but it sounds like you guys are pretty serious about your feelings....that's comforting....

I am concerned, as well, that these boards might get filled up with garbage that we have to filter out.....what makes the place so rewarding and enjoyable is that I know I can come on and immediately read comments from people knowledgable and dedicated to the subject matter....not a bunch of crap unrelated and illegible.....how do we keep these boards from becoming like all the others? :(

The new boards will continue to be like all others because the awesome Sox fans that post on them will still be there. Its you guys that make these boards rock. I think we got the smartest Sox fans on the net here. Tons of intelligent on topic conversation and then anything you want to discuss in the off topic area. Things will be no different with the switch. We'll still be running the board like always and we don't anticipate any garbage from other teams posters.

The new boards will continue to be like all others because the awesome Sox fans that post on them will still be there.  Its you guys that make these boards rock.  I think we got the smartest Sox fans on the net here.  Tons of intelligent on topic conversation and then anything you want to discuss in the off topic area.  Things will be no different with the switch.  We'll still be running the board like always and we don't anticipate any garbage from other teams posters.

...curious....how much do you guys have to filter out, anyway?....I mean, how many Cub/Tribe/Twinkie fans try to come on a f*** with the boards?

nobody has really ever trolled on this board and I don't expect it to happen when we move. if so, we'll make sure to get them before hand.

this isn't like ESPN, all the sites on the baseball network will be working together so no wars should happen.

The new boards will continue to be like all others because the awesome Sox fans that post on them will still be there.  Its you guys that make these boards rock.  I think we got the smartest Sox fans on the net here.  Tons of intelligent on topic conversation and then anything you want to discuss in the off topic area.  Things will be no different with the switch.  We'll still be running the board like always and we don't anticipate any garbage from other teams posters.

...curious....how much do you guys have to filter out, anyway?....I mean, how many Cub/Tribe/Twinkie fans try to come on a f*** with the boards?

Pretty much none. We really do stick to our stance that we never have to delete any posts. I think we have deleted like 10 posts in the entire time the board has been opened.

that is a worry of mine. It is amazing how many trolls there are out there.

One of my reasons for moving here from the WS MLB boards is all the damned trolls. When MLB took the site over from Ignite they added that real easy link. There were not many trolls before that (because you had to go through the whole registration process) but under MLB anyone can click on the name of another team and zip right to their boards and troll. And they came.

And trolls annoy me. I have said many times how much I enjoy the intelligent level of informed literate people here. This place is precious to me and I hate to think of change.

Well remember, you got to register and all that stuff so its not super easy to troll. I don't think we have to worry about it though, and if there is a problem, we'll get rid of it. We have a ton of admins on board and during the day one of them is typically around and would see it.