Coors Field

LosMediasBlancas

I keep hearing about how many more homers are being hit at the Cell this year and how the changes to the park cause the ball to fly out more easily. Is this cause and effect true? It seems like the number of homers at the Cell has decreased in the 2nd half, coincidentally at the same time our offense went into it's coma. So, is it possible that our offense was just hitting the crap out of the ball in the 1st half and not so much in the 2nd half. I know the number of homers for opposing team's is also higher.

It just sems like an attempt to undermine this team's success earlier in the year. Does anyone have numbers or stats to prove it one way or another?? Thx.

And this has what to do with Coors Field?

The Cell has been nicknamed the Coors Field of the midwest by some because of the way the ball supposedly carries out of the park. In Colorado, it's supposedly because they air is thinner so the ball carries better. At the Cell, it's supposedly because they knocked out the top rows of the upper deck creating a new wind swirl blah, blah, blah. I think this theory is bogus and I think the Sox were just hitting real well early in the season.

The Cell has been nicknamed the Coors Field of the midwest by some because of the way the ball supposedly carries out of the park. In Colorado, it's supposedly because they air is thinner so the ball carries better. At the Cell, it's supposedly because they knocked out the top rows of the upper deck creating a new wind swirl blah, blah, blah. I think this theory is bogus and I think the Sox were just hitting real well early in the season.

it's not just early season... In fact, earlier in the year USCF ranked behind Wrigley, Coors, and Ameriquest for HR's/G.

Now, USCF leads by quite a lot. Just take a look at the White Sox Home/Road splits.

Home(USCF)

Sox (64 games) - 111HR's

opponents - 96 HR's

Road (64 games)

Sox - 78 HR's

opponents - 80 HR's

it's not just early season... In fact, earlier in the year USCF ranked behind Wrigley, Coors, and Ameriquest for HR's/G.

Now, USCF leads by quite a lot. Just take a look at the White Sox Home/Road splits.

Home(USCF)

Sox (64 games) - 111HR's

opponents - 96 HR's

Road (64 games)

Sox - 78 HR's

opponents - 80 HR's

Thx, I knew someone had the figures. I'm gonna give it another year to find out if it's really due to the park itself.