IU 2004-2005 Schedule

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty much...

Wilkes never played, that is fine.

David Padgett sucked real bad, that was a gift

Plus KU brought in 3 top 10 centers, check your facts buddy.

I would love that recruit to go along with the best SF and PG in the nation for 2005, I love my self.

I love the following teams

Kansas, Illinois, have a nice day.

Wilkes never played, that is fine.

David Padgett sucked real bad, that was a gift

Plus KU brought in 3 top 10 centers, check your facts buddy.

I would love that recruit to go along with the best SF and PG in the nation for 2005, I love my self.

I love the following teams

Kansas, Illinois, have a nice day.

I know Wilkes never played, but Padgett was a starter that was okay. He was a freshman that had a lot of talent. Even if he turned out to be Eric Chenowith that is still a very useful player to have on your roster. Their 3 centers were were pretty solid prospects, although none of them are studs, the only reason they are all top 10 at center is that a couple of the stud prospects were listed at PF even though they would almost certainly play center in college(like Dwight Howard and Glenn Davis). Kaun was rated 34(5th center) by rivals, Jackson was 54(not even listed at center, 12th PF), and Giles was #62(#9 at center). Their highest rated guy was Robinson, who is a guard. None of them were McDonald's All Americans like Padgett. They should be fine(I got them #2 in my personal preseason poll), I'm just saying don't rip on another team for loosing players(who were not even enrolled in school yet) when your favorite team happens to lose 3 guys on the roster including a starter, and then say they didn't lose anyone. They still have to get one of these guys to make an impact, and since Kaun is widely considered a project it will probably have to be one of the two lower rated guys.

As another point, altough Miles and Langford are good, you gotta be pretty biased to say Miles is better than Paul, Felton, Thomas, AND the two guys from Illinois(might be better than a few, but no way it is all), and if you are going to compare 2 guard/SF type players I'd much rather have Julius Hodge or Hassan Adams(If you were referring to Giddens, I might have to digress. He is extremely talented, although I'll have to see a little more to count him as the best). Oh well, your opinion. I wish no ill will toward the Jayhawks in any way, so good luck.

The difference between KU and UNC is KU is very deep this year.

The coaching changes effected the players that left. Padgett and Wilkes came to KU for Roy Williams, fine dont let the door hit them in the ass.

Miles/Langford/Simien/Giddens/Lee/Kaun/Giles/Robinson/Galiindo/Jackson

that is sick

The difference between KU and UNC is KU is very deep this year.

The coaching changes effected the players that left.  Padgett and Wilkes came to KU for Roy Williams, fine dont let the door hit them in the ass.

Miles/Langford/Simien/Giddens/Lee/Kaun/Giles/Robinson/Galiindo/Jackson

that is sick

To tell you the truth I'm not so sure about their depth. 4 of their guys are awesome, and Lee is a solid bench guy, but they are going to have to depend on freshmen for some solid minutes. I know tons of teams do it, but unless they get the studs it's an iffy situation.

I think UNC is a better team. They're deeper than you think. Outside of the post spot they have some talent. Felton and McCants make up one of the best backcourts in the country, and Scott and Quentin Thomas(top 100 frosh, not a stud, but should give Felton a couple of minutes of rest) are pretty good backups. They got a ton of swing guys to play the 3/4 position, with Jawad and Marvin Williams(absolute stud freshman, looks a Luol Deng type player) as the best two. The also have Jackie Manuel as a defensive stopper and David Noel off the bench as an energy type guy. There is also a chance that Reyshawn Terry(solid recruit that didn't play much last year) develops, which would help a ton. The only weak spot is at center, May is the only option. They are in deep trouble if he gets hurt(although I think you can say the same about Kansas with Simien). I'd certainly love to see the two teams play.

I think UNC is a better team. They're deeper than you think. Outside of the post spot they have some talent. Felton and McCants make up one of the best backcourts in the country, and Scott and Quentin Thomas(top 100 frosh, not a stud, but should give Felton a couple of minutes of rest) are pretty good backups. They got a ton of swing guys to play the 3/4 position, with Jawad and Marvin Williams(absolute stud freshman, looks a Luol Deng type player) as the best two. The also have Jackie Manuel as a defensive stopper and David Noel off the bench as an energy type guy. There is also a chance that Reyshawn Terry(solid recruit that didn't play much last year) develops, which would help a ton. The only weak spot is at center, May is the only option. They are in deep trouble if he gets hurt(although I think you can say the same about Kansas with Simien). I'd certainly love to see the two teams play.

That was a great recap of UNC's chances this year Zoom, I couldn't have said it better myself. But Quentin Thomas is better then people realize. He was in alot of the West coast gurus eyes, the best PG on the West coast. He is very tall for a pg at 6'4, and can hit the 3 with regularity. He's just a little bit raw, but will have time to sit behind Felton for a year and learn.

KU and UNC are pretty even this season. Both have alot of depth, good coaching, and alot of pain if Simien or May goes down.

That was a great recap of UNC's chances this year Zoom, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Thanks for the complement, I like to think I really know my college basketball. It takes up most of my freetime basically from tipoff of the first game until a couple of days after the tournament. I spent a ton of time on my tourney bracket, which worked out well(3 of 4 Final Four, GT and UConn in the final and UConn win). I also try to look at what everyone did that year at that time and try to figure out who will be good the next season and what pro defections will mean what. Now all I need to do is use this information to gamble...

Thanks for the complement, I like to think I really know my college basketball. It takes up most of my freetime basically from tipoff of the first game until a couple of days after the tournament. I spent a ton of time on my tourney bracket, which worked out well(3 of 4 Final Four, GT and UConn in the final and UConn win). I also try to look at what everyone did that year at that time and try to figure out who will be good the next season and what pro defections will mean what. Now all I need to do is use this information to gamble...

so go gamble

Yeah I had GT/UConn and OSU, I just had UNC in there because I always have to pick them. I don't do well for their bracket, but I do well otherwise.

I'm a college sports nut. I love MLB, NFL, and NBA alot. But nothing to me beats college sports games.