Houston Texans Defense

I noticed that the Houston Texans are playing the Chargers the first week of the season. I think the Chargers offense sucks with the exception of LT. I was just wondering how some of you felt the Texans defense would do this season and if they are worth picking up to play against the Chargers in week 1 of my fantasy football league. Thanks for your help.

Last year H Towns defense was pretty good, they were about in the middle of the NFL but that was because thier offense was dead last and the defense spent so much time on the field..

Jamie Sharper led the league in tackles last year and the Texans added TWO first round picks who are going to start on their defense in Jason Babin and Dunta Robinson..

The Chargers are either going to be starting Drew Brees, who sucked it up last year..

OR Phillip Rivers, who is a rookie..

If I were you I would pick up the Texans for this game, the Texans are playing at home too which should help them out..

The Chargers are veryyyy poor on offense and LT isnt someone to not worry about, but I think the Texans are going to be able to shut their offense down..

So yes, I think it would be a smart move

P.S. I live in Texas and follow the Texans so I am a credable source :)

Last year H Towns defense was pretty good, they were about in the middle of the NFL but that was because thier offense was dead last and the defense spent so much time on the field..

Jamie Sharper led the league in tackles last year and the Texans added TWO first round picks who are going to start on their defense in Jason Babin and Dunta Robinson..

The Chargers are either going to be starting Drew Brees, who sucked it up last year..

OR Phillip Rivers, who is a rookie..

If I were you I would pick up the Texans for this game, the Texans are playing at home too which should help them out..

The Chargers are veryyyy poor on offense and LT isnt someone to not worry about, but I think the Texans are going to be able to shut their offense down..

So yes, I think it would be a smart move

P.S. I live in Texas and follow the Texans so I am a credable source  :)

Thank you. Everything you said is exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for the info.

By the way how are Babin and Robinson looking. I have heard nothing but great things about these two and just wondering how they are picking up the scheme so far.

Thank you. Everything you said is exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for the info.

By the way how are Babin and Robinson looking. I have heard nothing but great things about these two and just wondering how they are picking up the scheme so far.

Babin and Robinson have looked great so far..

Of coarse a few mistakes come with being a rookie but Robinson is definatley a player who could become a pro bowler and an all pro at his posistion..

Babin is a hard worker and a grinder.. He is going to be good for the team...

They also added Robaire Smith and moved Marcus Coleman to Safety which also improves the defense even more..

Their D is gonna be solid this year, and it would be a wise choice to play them against the Chargers..

The Chargers have done nothing to improve their team from last year, a Rookie QB (Especially one who missed the majority of camp) Is not gonna come out in game one of a new season and dominate a solid Defense, it doesnt happen..

They lost David Boston and they dont really have any good WR on the team...

Babin and Robinson have looked great so far..

Of coarse a few mistakes come with being a rookie but Robinson is definatley a player who could become a pro bowler and an all pro at his posistion..

Babin is a hard worker and a grinder.. He is going to be good for the team...

They also added Robaire Smith and moved Marcus Coleman to Safety which also improves the defense even more..

Their D is gonna be solid this year, and it would be a wise choice to play them against the Chargers..

The Chargers have done nothing to improve their team from last year, a Rookie QB (Especially one who missed the majority of camp) Is not gonna come out in game one of a new season and dominate a solid Defense, it doesnt happen..

They lost David Boston and they dont really have any good WR on the team...

Dont the chargers also have one of the worst O-Lines in the NFL?

I noticed that their defense kept them in damn near every game last year. That is a very promising team down there. Too bad that they have to compete with the Colts and Titans, and hell, even the Jaguars, who people are kinda sleeping on from what I can tell. A lot of folks will tell you that either the NFC East or the NFC South is the best division in all of football. I would go as far as to say that the AFC South is just as good as those divisions.

Watch the Texans go 1-1 against everyone in that division...I don't think that they'll get swept by anyone.

And the Chargers? All Texans games are usually close, but David Carr should provide the difference in the end.