Jose Contreras

fathom

Can the Sox really afford to have such an inconsistent starter, making 6 million a year, on the squad for the next 2 years? Hopefully, he will improve his command for next year, but he seems a little old for such a turnaround to occur. Any chance that the Sox would try him out as a closer? I know we need all the starters we can get, but it's going to be hard to rely on him to be a consistent starter.

Can the Sox really afford to have such an inconsistent starter, making 6 million a year, on the squad for the next 2 years?  Hopefully, he will improve his command for next year, but he seems a little old for such a turnaround to occur.  Any chance that the Sox would try him out as a closer?  I know we need all the starters we can get, but it's going to be hard to rely on him to be a consistent starter.

How can he close he can't through strikes. Might as well have stephen randolph close.

The Sox had thoughts of acquiring Contreras to be their closer earlier in the year, but the Yankees didnt want to trade him at the time for Jeremy Reed. The incredible success of Gagne has made many teams believe that they can turn struggling starters into good closers. I agree that he should not be a closer due to his command, but I'm beginning to think that a 2-pitch pitcher without any command isn't exactly the makings of a successful starter.

The Sox had thoughts of acquiring Contreras to be their closer earlier in the year, but the Yankees didnt want to trade him at the time for Jeremy Reed.  The incredible success of Gagne has made many teams believe that they can turn struggling starters into good closers.  I agree that he should not be a closer due to his command, but I'm beginning to think that a 2-pitch pitcher without any command isn't exactly the makings of a successful starter.

You think and complain way to much. Just be positive for once just maybe?

You think and complain way to much. Just be positive for once just maybe?

Ok....I look forward to Jose improving on his 6.18 ERA with the Sox next year. Is that good enough for you? I honestly think there are 5 people who have no area to be critcized from the Sox this year: Rowand, Lee, Shingo, Konerko, and Uribe. These are the only 5 main Sox players that exceeding expectations this year.