Wright

LDF

It just swelled up, so I'm assuming it wasn't one particular thing. They thought he was just sore and it would get better. They need to give him an MRI again, now that the swelling is down, imo.

On a sidenote, arm injuries can be really funny like that. Wright could of hurt it as far back as last year, thrown two games and then it swelled up. Usually you can go one or two times with a hurt arm if you've rested it long enough, so its really hard to track when it exactly happens, unless of course it just blows on one pitch, but even then its hard, cause it may not of really been that pitch that caused it.

It just swelled up, so I'm assuming it wasn't one particular thing.  They thought he was just sore and it would get better.  They need to give him an MRI again, now that the swelling is down, imo.

On a sidenote, arm injuries can be really funny like that.  Wright could of hurt it as far back as last year, thrown two games and then it swelled up.  Usually you can go one or two times with a hurt arm if you've rested it long enough, so its really hard to track when it exactly happens, unless of course it just blows on one pitch, but even then its hard, cause it may not of really been that pitch that caused it.

according to mlb.com, he might need surgery

Great article. I think we'll all know whats going on after he takes that second test. If it comes back clear and that he's got no damage, then this is just something that will go away with a bit of rest. If it isn't, then they'll have to fix it and I have no doubt Wright will be able to recover.

The Sox are doing the (W)right thing in this.

what to do if he does go under the knife

Hope Josh Stewart is the real deal.

Guys....

Even if Wright misses the entire year (seemingly the worst-case-scenario at this point), and even if Stewart struggles, that does not mean that the season is over.

In 2001, the Diamondbacks had pretty much RJ and CS, and 3 scrubs behind them, and they won the World Series. Now, MB and BC aren't as good as RJ and CS, but when you add Jon Garland, the Sox' top 3 are equal if not better than what Arizona had. Also, the Diamondbacks' offense was pretty good, but IMO the Sox in '03 will have a far superior offense than AZ had.

So, basically, even if the worst happens, I still think we'll be contenders.

Guys....

Even if Wright misses the entire year (seemingly the worst-case-scenario at this point), and even if Stewart struggles, that does not mean that the season is over.

In 2001, the Diamondbacks had pretty much RJ and CS, and 3 scrubs behind them, and they won the World Series. Now, MB and BC aren't as good as RJ and CS, but when you add Jon Garland, the Sox' top 3 are equal if not better than what Arizona had. Also, the Diamondbacks' offense was pretty good, but IMO the Sox in '03 will have a far superior offense than AZ had.

you may be right but do we go out and fix the situation or stay pat.

That all depends on how you define "fix the situation". I don't think signing an over-the-hill Finley is an answer. Perhaps if we could get Reynolds for cheap, he could make about 10 starts until Wright is ready (hopefully).

I could see trouble, though, if Wright is out for the season, Loaiza stumbles after a month or so, and if Stewart caves in. At that point, we'd have a pretty darned good 1-2-3, but a f***ed 4-5. That would spell trouble for the season IMO. All we really need is our 4-5 to pitch .500 ball. If they can do that, this Sox team should win in the mid-90's.

Guys....

Give Stewart a chance. If JS flops, then you can test the trade market. If he is a pleasant surprise, he takes over DW's role. This injury to DW just puts a little added pressure on Garland and Loaiza.

I could see trouble, though, if Wright is out for the season, Loaiza stumbles after a month or so, and if Stewart caves in. At that point, we'd have a pretty darned good 1-2-3, but a f***ed 4-5. That would spell trouble for the season IMO. All we really need is our 4-5 to pitch .500 ball. If they can do that, this Sox team should win in the mid-90's.

that is exactly i was going with this. loaiza has had a good spring, but his record doesn't hold up to what he is doing. stewart is a rook. rauch, is he ready? what has he really done this spring.

i really don't think they is really anyone out there who could really make a impact. IMO

i wouldnt worry too much. Wright will be ready by the end of April. I am confident that Loazia and Stewart will hold up.

I hope Wright rebounds quickly but I'm not holding my breath. I mean Nardi was his coach for half a season last year.

Loazia and Stewart will be good enough for 4 & 5. Stand pat and see where we are halfway through.

i wouldnt worry too much. Wright will be ready by the end of April. I am confident that Loazia and Stewart will hold up.

I hope Wright rebounds quickly but I'm not holding my breath. I mean Nardi was his coach for half a season last year.

Loazia and Stewart will be good enough for 4 & 5. Stand pat and see where we are halfway through.

how bout that little pit, munoz, rauch. how did they do in spring training?