FA Pitching

USAF_11F4H

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alrighty then, what about '93, '94, and '95. What about last year? When the Sox were winning, attendance jumped. When they lost Frank and Maggs, and started losing, attendance dropped. Magglio Ordonez and Frank Thomas are superstars, not as shiny as A-Rod, Jeter or Manny Ramirez, but to White Sox fans, they are (or were) superstars. Personally, I would still pay to see Frank hit.

93/4, Frank was a superstar one of the best in the game.. and we were winning. 95 after the strike.. we were hurting and still are.

last year, as stated above yours it depended on the day of the week. But Frank is not the star he once was after the Contract dispute a couple years back, futher hurt his status. And Mags, granted puts up great numbers but is to quite to be a 'superstar"player.

I think that the closest thing we have is Marky B.

In 2000, we had a young team coming off of a bad year. Nobody really believed they'd win the division until that road trip to NY and Cleveland. Then, about the time that people started to believe, the pitching staff started breaking down and the team played about .500 ball as they cruised to the division title. By that time, everyone knew the Sox didn't really have the pitching to make any noise in the playoffs. The team played exciting winning baseball for about 2/3 of the season. It's been slightly better than .500 since then.

Put a winner on the field, and you could have a team full of guys like Aaron Rowand, and the fans will come out. You don't have to have "superstars". Just a damn good baseball team.

1st off,  I came to this board and brought fresh new ideas..and got jumped on becuase I don't want the players the board swears by. I defend my idea becuase I know what it takes to win,  but more imporantly put fans in seats.

Lets put it this way, who are the avg Sox fans and the local media going to get more excited about

Polanco or Orlando Cabera?

Do you know the main reason why Cubs drew so well when they were losing? Other than Wriggley Feild?  They had a superstar something this team has been missing since Bo left. 

Now dont' get me wrong I want nothing more than the Sox to win, but lets face it we need people in the seats to attract the big time FA to come here.  Yeah I love the fact that I bought my 2 season tickets and get three for free, but I would rather see the stadium filled every day like the old days. And by getting these "bums"  such as Polanco, Wright, Dye.. Your Avg. Sox fans are not going to be rushing to the box office to get tickets, which we need.  The only reason I was so gung-ho about the Randy Johnson deal is, for once it shows that the front office is finally learning that you need big time talent in here to both win and pack the place.

Lets face it, we all want the Sox to win..but I would love it to have to wait on a waiting list for season tickets also.. meaning people want to see this team.

First of all, I have never agreed with many of the players nor plans that alot of the frequent posters have written on this site, so you are wrong there. As for fresh ideas??? since when is trying to sign big names for big money, a fresh idea?? or looking back to last year and saying what if, a fresh idea???? Face it, your ideas are not fresh they are stupid. When you graduate 8th grade and finally learn some grammar, manners, and a little about baseball, come back..we will still be here

First of all, I have never agreed with many of the players nor plans that alot of the frequent posters have written on this site, so you are wrong there.

Congrats here is your Prize

Face it, your ideas are not fresh they are stupid. When you graduate 8th grade and finally learn some grammar, manners, and a little about baseball, come back..we will still be here

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

whats next .. I can't wait..