White Sox 2003 home opener festivities

Mr. Showtime

The Chicago White Sox announced the following pregame festivities for the team’s home opener at U.S. Cellular Field on Friday:

Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich, a native of Chicago who was sworn in as the state’s 40th Governor on January 13, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch;

Staff Sgt. Kelly Grant-Ramstack of the United Air Force Band of Mid-America will sing the National Anthem, as well as God Bless America at the seventh inning stretch;

The colors will be presented by the Joint Service Color Guard, representing all branches of the Armed Forces;

A fireworks barrage and the release of 5,000 red, white and blue balloons will follow the National Anthem;

In celebration of the 74th All-Star Game, former White Sox All-Stars Harold Baines, Britt Burns, Chico Carrasquel, Ed Farmer, Joel Horlen, Ron Kittle, Jim Landis, Carlos May, Jack McDowell, Bill Melton, Minnie Minoso, Bill Pierce and Bill Skowron will be honored during a pregame ceremony.

In celebration of the 74th All-Star Game, former White Sox All-Stars Harold Baines, Britt Burns, Chico Carrasquel, Ed Farmer, Joel Horlen, Ron Kittle, Jim Landis, Carlos May, Jack McDowell, Bill Melton, Minnie Minoso, Bill Pierce and Bill Skowron will be honored during a pregame ceremony.

Awesome. I'd love to be there. *sigh*

Guest hotsoxchick1

i wish you were here too yas...............you too koch this.... i wish you all could be here............you are in spirit though if that makes anything better for ya.... watch us on tv...im sure we will be on sometime during the game we always make the before commercial breaks shots.......... ;) ...........we will wave hi.............. :headbang

i wish you were here too yas...............you too koch this.... i wish you all could be here............you are in spirit though if that makes anything better for ya.... watch us on tv...im sure we will be on sometime during the game we always make the before commercial breaks shots.......... ;) ...........we will wave hi.............. :headbang

Flash the camera so I know it's you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1

Flash the camera so I know it's you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

yas baby youll know its us...lol when you said flash the camera i had to think for a minute there.... i was wondering how come he wants me to put my camera on flash and shoot it off..........geez i got the blonde hair on today..........lol.........we'll see what we can do for ya yas hon.......... :D